LSAT is ruining my relationship!

arae13

Re: LSAT is ruining my relationship!

Postby arae13 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:As the male in a relationship, it is a fatal mistake to be right. What used to be normal casual disagreements about insignificant things with my girlfriend have transformed into me critically analyzing every single argument she comes up with. She doesn't like it. Anybody else have similar problems?

This isn't stupidly sexist and overgeneralized at all.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 am

arae13 wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:As the male in a relationship, it is a fatal mistake to be right. What used to be normal casual disagreements about insignificant things with my girlfriend have transformed into me critically analyzing every single argument she comes up with. She doesn't like it. Anybody else have similar problems?

This isn't stupidly sexist and overgeneralized at all.

Yes, dear. What ever you say, honey.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
dudders wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:As the male in a relationship, it is a fatal mistake to be right.

Pretty sure the LSAT isn't the only problem in your relationship.

I don't recall the LSAT making me overanalyze my partner's arguments for logical fallacies or anything like that, so if it's having that effect on you, I have a feeling law school is going to be "fatal" to your relationship if it survives long enough for you to get your score back. Law school and the LSAT made me crabby and preoccupied, but they did not turn me into a bitch who manages to work sufficient vs. necessary into the taking-out-the-trash debate.

I said that tongue-in-cheek.

If you do not understand what tongue-in-cheek means, let me explain:

- It is preposterous to refer to the consequence of being right as "fatal". Clearly, you will not die if you happen to be right in an argument (most of the time).

- tongue-in-cheek then, means, to take what is said with a grain (or barrel, depending your preference) of salt

- It's not so much a joke as a phrase said in jest

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”