how do you guys focus? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ilovelawtays

Bronze

Re: how do you guys focus?

Post by ilovelawtays » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm

hibiki wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote:
Br3v wrote:Stop considering magic pills
I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

But seriously, I've been considering taking these anyway. I think omega-3s are supposed to be good for wimmenz anyway. And popping a pill is easier than exercising, amirite?
They're good for you for plenty of reasons, including the health of your heart. You should be taking them if you aren't already.
Yup. All of the current octogenarians and all of the brilliant minds of the past owe their mental and physical stamina to fish oil. :roll:
Actually, the Japanese boast a longer life expectancy than Americans, and their diet is very rich in fish. Other countries with life expectancy over 80 include: Australia, Italy, Great Britain, France, and Spain, all of which have (you guessed it!) thriving coastal regions and a diet that includes more seafood than the average American.

So, yeah, looks like those octogenarians are consuming a good amount of fish oil.

breadbucket

Bronze

Post by breadbucket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Caffeine pills

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:44 pm

ilovelawtays wrote: Actually, the Japanese boast a longer life expectancy than Americans, and their diet is very rich in fish. Other countries with life expectancy over 80 include: Australia, Italy, Great Britain, France, and Spain, all of which have (you guessed it!) thriving coastal regions and a diet that includes more seafood than the average American.

So, yeah, looks like those octogenarians are consuming a good amount of fish oil.
And dietary changes haven't happened at all in the past 80 years, right? There are also zero other variables which might be correlated with those areas, different diets and lifespan. I get that some dietary supplements can help people and that many people will do anything easy to improve their quality of life.

That said, I think it is funny that so many people put so much weight of fish oil. I don't like seeing people taken in by snake fish oil salesmen.

ilovelawtays

Bronze

Post by ilovelawtays » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:49 pm

hibiki wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote: Actually, the Japanese boast a longer life expectancy than Americans, and their diet is very rich in fish. Other countries with life expectancy over 80 include: Australia, Italy, Great Britain, France, and Spain, all of which have (you guessed it!) thriving coastal regions and a diet that includes more seafood than the average American.

And dietary changes haven't happened at all in the past 80 years, right? There are also zero other variables which might be correlated with those areas, different diets and lifespan. I get that some dietary supplements can help people and that many people will do anything easy to improve their quality of life.

That said, I think it is funny that so many people put so much weight of fish oil. I don't like seeing people taken in by snake fish oil salesmen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_oil

Looks like a pretty good supplement and one that is unlikely to cause harm. It is an easy supplement to take and it looks like it can improve quality of life. Whatever, dude. If you're not into that's cool. I'll pop 'em and you can do whatever it is that you do.

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

ilovelawtays wrote: Looks like a pretty good supplement and one that is unlikely to cause harm. It is an easy supplement to take and it looks like it can improve quality of life. Whatever, dude. If you're not into that's cool. I'll pop 'em and you can do whatever it is that you do.
I'll agree that it's probably the best supplement you can take if you're eating a balanced diet. There is good basis for it as an anti-inflammatory. I will continue to laugh hard at people who think that fish oil pills are helping them cram for tests, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovelawtays

Bronze

Post by ilovelawtays » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 pm

hibiki wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote: Looks like a pretty good supplement and one that is unlikely to cause harm. It is an easy supplement to take and it looks like it can improve quality of life. Whatever, dude. If you're not into that's cool. I'll pop 'em and you can do whatever it is that you do.
I'll agree that it's probably the best supplement you can take if you're eating a balanced diet. There is good basis for it as an anti-inflammatory. I will continue to laugh hard at people who think that fish oil pills are helping them cram for tests, though.
I don't think anyone here is saying they can just pop fish oil and all of a sudden be better prepared for the LSAT. If the fish oil actually helps increase memory (over relatively short time span), or if creates a primarily psychosomatic effect that results in confidence due to the perception of increased memory, I say taking fish oil is a win either way.

Anyway, this thread is starting to inflame me. It may be time for next capsule.

HuskyHopeful

New

Post by HuskyHopeful » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:12 pm

I drink pre workout before studying.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:13 pm

how much do these pills cost?

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:23 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:how much do these pills cost?
Fish Oil? Like $10 dollars (LinkRemoved), dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

heebie-jeebies

New

Post by heebie-jeebies » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Regarding the fish oil and other supplements, doesn't the body build up a tolerance to that stuff, such that if you start popping those pills now, they won't be as effective or produce the same result when you pop them on test day? If that's the case, wouldn't it be a better strategy to NOT take the supplements now, get used to focusing without the pills, and then on test day, pop a couple supplements and be SUPER focused (like a laser)?

breadbucket

Bronze

Post by breadbucket » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

heebie-jeebies wrote:Regarding the fish oil and other supplements, doesn't the body build up a tolerance to that stuff, such that if you start popping those pills now, they won't be as effective or produce the same result when you pop them on test day? If that's the case, wouldn't it be a better strategy to NOT take the supplements now, get used to focusing without the pills, and then on test day, pop a couple supplements and be SUPER focused (like a laser)?
This is not how tolerance works.

penguinbrah

New

Post by penguinbrah » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:56 pm

heebie-jeebies wrote:Regarding the fish oil and other supplements, doesn't the body build up a tolerance to that stuff, such that if you start popping those pills now, they won't be as effective or produce the same result when you pop them on test day? If that's the case, wouldn't it be a better strategy to NOT take the supplements now, get used to focusing without the pills, and then on test day, pop a couple supplements and be SUPER focused (like a laser)?
nope.. doesn't apply to fish oil. Fish oil is such a basic supplement you won't notice anything from it. People in the bodybuilding community take 4+ grams of it a day. Has many benefits from lubricating joints, brain health, heart health, etc. A concentration boost derived from it will be negligible but it is good for a positively functioning brain.

sama

New

Post by sama » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Try eating carrots during your day, heard it helps. But I wouldn't study while eating carrots, quite loud haha. At the very least its a healthy snack

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”