Question for people who have mastered Logic Games... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MissJenna

New

Question for people who have mastered Logic Games...

Post by MissJenna » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

I really wanted to know if you organized games by type and drilled that way?

I know PS has them classified them by type and I'm just looking to hear from people who have done this or................. who did something different??

What worked for you (strategy, etc.,) that you were able to master each type of game with -0?

cc.celina

Silver

Re: Question for people who have mastered Logic Games...

Post by cc.celina » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 am

I didn't, I just drilled pretty arbitrarily, and it worked for me. If you have a specific type of game, you should find some games that are similar, and drilling by type probably can't hurt. If it is convenient for you, go for it.

BallHog

New

Post by BallHog » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:49 am

Read the PS LGB front to back while doing the games at the end of the section and more games from their training type series. Scoring -0/-1 consistently after 2 weeks of studying.

MissJenna

New

Post by MissJenna » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 am

Yes....it's the most those convoluted grouping games that continue to give me issues along with pattern games.

What I did i was start with the june 1991 games and just basically do 1 full game section a day.

The fact that I'm redoing all the games where I get -3 & still getting the same questions wrong is what's really bothering me. It's not like I just am NOT learning from my mistakes.

Someone told me that what I should've done was start with sequencing, then linear, etc., and move my way up.

cc.celina wrote:I didn't, I just drilled pretty arbitrarily, and it worked for me. If you have a specific type of game, you should find some games that are similar, and drilling by type probably can't hurt. If it is convenient for you, go for it.

MissJenna

New

Post by MissJenna » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 am

Can anyone tell me if this is the most recent thread with all the games classified by type?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... e#p1042536

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

MissJenna wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is the most recent thread with all the games classified by type?

It looks pretty solid but from what I can see only has up to PT 45. LSAT blog also does it here (for 19-38, with links to 39-51 and 52-present).
MissJenna wrote:Yes....it's the most those convoluted grouping games that continue to give me issues along with pattern games.

What I did i was start with the june 1991 games and just basically do 1 full game section a day.

The fact that I'm redoing all the games where I get -3 & still getting the same questions wrong is what's really bothering me. It's not like I just am NOT learning from my mistakes.

Someone told me that what I should've done was start with sequencing, then linear, etc., and move my way up.
Have you gone through the PS Logic Games bible?? If you haven't, do so immediately. If you have, then review the grouping games section and go through some grouping game drills. When I started drilling LG, I started by timing myself on individual games and recording the times and number wrong on an Excel spreadsheet. It worked like a charm and in a couple days I was able to get each LG right untimed, and I kept drilling until I got a lot better on time.

MissJenna

New

Post by MissJenna » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 pm

cc.celina wrote:
MissJenna wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is the most recent thread with all the games classified by type?

It looks pretty solid but from what I can see only has up to PT 45. LSAT blog also does it here (for 19-38, with links to 39-51 and 52-present).
MissJenna wrote:Yes....it's the most those convoluted grouping games that continue to give me issues along with pattern games.

Have you gone through the PS Logic Games bible?? If you haven't, do so immediately. If you have, then review the grouping games section and go through some grouping game drills. When I started drilling LG, I started by timing myself on individual games and recording the times and number wrong on an Excel spreadsheet. It worked like a charm and in a couple days I was able to get each LG right untimed, and I kept drilling until I got a lot better on time.
Yeah....I've gone thru the PS LGB about 2,3 times. I did the same thing you did....I created an excel spreadsheet.

I really don't know why I'm making the same mistakes over to be honest with you. It sucks. It really does. You'd think I would have learned from them by the 3rd time. :(

seacow

New

Post by seacow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm

MissJenna wrote:I really wanted to know if you organized games by type and drilled that way?

I know PS has them classified them by type and I'm just looking to hear from people who have done this or................. who did something different??

What worked for you (strategy, etc.,) that you were able to master each type of game with -0?

My prep of LGs was never more complex than just learning how to diagram and, as I went along, look for patterns in games so I can know which types of deductions to look for.

For me, LGs was all about knowing the method: learn how to diagram to make deductions. Once you have a firm understanding of this, LGs should be -0able.

I think if you are just starting your LG prep, you should definitely learn each type one-by-one. This will definitely accelerate the learning process, as your mind won't be going back and forth between game types.

Be patient for the moment. Don't worry about timing; just try to develop a firm mastery of LGs. Very good LG scores eventually will come!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:20 pm

I used to do logic puzzles as a kid (ages 10-15 or so), and did so again to prep for the LSAT. Logic games is a skill - the more you do the better you get. The type of game is merely the way in which the problem is presented, so it is less important than the overall skill, meaning you should do as many logic games/puzzles as you can. Don't worry about the different types of games, just make sure you're familiar with each type so as not to be taken aback by the way the information is presented

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dixon02

Bronze

Post by dixon02 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:28 pm

I was one of those people who just "got" logic games from the start. I rarely missed any even when I started doing PTs, but I often had trouble finishing in time. Once I took my LSAT class, I started using more strategy (answering questions in a certain order, grouping them by type, etc.), and that's when I started consistently finishing in time. For me, organizing was mostly about maximizing efficiency.

seacow

New

Post by seacow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:33 pm

dingbat wrote:I used to do logic puzzles as a kid (ages 10-15 or so), and did so again to prep for the LSAT. Logic games is a skill - the more you do the better you get. The type of game is merely the way in which the problem is presented, so it is less important than the overall skill, meaning you should do as many logic games/puzzles as you can. Don't worry about the different types of games, just make sure you're familiar with each type so as not to be taken aback by the way the information is presented

As dingbat said, do logic puzzles (I prefer Sudoku). Your LG skills will improve as your ability to think in this manner improves.

bbobby12

New

Post by bbobby12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Before you can run you have to learn to walk. So for the games i wouldn't time it.. try to do one game at a time and get a perfect score. once ur there then start timing. I think a few ppl suggested this too and i completely agree with them. Also, i never thought of the "type" of game i was dealing with...if u can instinctively spot it thats good, but if not dont waste time trying to figure it out. try to diagram it as best as ur mind sees it. the problem is when you try to read ur instructors mind, but theres always another way to do it...maybe be a little more time consuming but as long as YOU understand it you'll get the end result and the right answer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”