Is anyone fasting for Ramadan? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
fatduck

Gold

Re: Is anyone fasting for Ramadan?

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

vpintz wrote:
Eberry wrote:Religion bashing in the LSAT Prep forum...seems legit. :roll:
+1

oh my god both of you just shut up.
i see the god posse has arrived to stifle legitimate discourse, as usual. just more evidence that atheists should be considered URMs.

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:
Will_Imake_it wrote:i fasted the first two days and couldn't function at all, instead took a nap so iftar time could come sooner :/
I went and saw dark knight today..killed like three hours haha..
Too soon man... too soon...
Yeah I'm from Aurora...

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Can't drink water, and it's like 94 in Denver right now.
We get more sunshine than California. Fact.
Or at least that's how my school sells itself...

thanks guys, it's not as big of a deal as it seemed on the first day.

celina I miss you/love the tar :( / :)

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:02 pm

fatduck wrote:
vpintz wrote:
+1

i see the god posse has arrived to stifle legitimate discourse, as usual. just more evidence that atheists should be considered URMs.
This is that guy? Awesome.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
vpintz wrote:
TERS wrote:Don't fast. Religion is stupid.
Very helpful and relevant.

Fwiw, a classmate of mine (I'm a summer start 1L) is fasting...she's finding it hard to study (we've discussed it) but she's chugging on through :]
It is relevant. Your pretend god won't pretend care when you real die. But your real law school probably will real care when you real flunk the test, for no reason other than you're a superstitious person.
Jesus, did you crawl straight out of the asshole of r/atheism?

Normally I'd move a thread like this to the Lounge, but since it pertains to fasting and the LSAT, it'll stay in the forum. As such, people who want to debate religion for no fucking reason other than being obnoxious pricks will be banned. This is the only warning about it I'm gonna give. There are plenty of places to profess your beliefs that nobody gives a fuck about; this is not one of them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Scotchandsoda

New

Post by Scotchandsoda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:00 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm studying right now with no lunch and it sucks. And I even had breakfast. Can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Drink water to ease the pain, maybe?
can't drink water, man. :/

Scotchandsoda

New

Post by Scotchandsoda » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm

espressocream wrote:Can't drink water, and it's like 94 in Denver right now.
We get more sunshine than California. Fact.
Or at least that's how my school sells itself...

thanks guys, it's not as big of a deal as it seemed on the first day.

celina I miss you/love the tar :( / :)
Luckily the weather in NY is perfecttt. So thirst hasnt been a big factor. I do miss the snacks and coffee. Especially the coffee.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm

aschup wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:
vpintz wrote:
TERS wrote:Don't fast. Religion is stupid.
Very helpful and relevant.

Fwiw, a classmate of mine (I'm a summer start 1L) is fasting...she's finding it hard to study (we've discussed it) but she's chugging on through :]
It is relevant. Your pretend god won't pretend care when you real die. But your real law school probably will real care when you real flunk the test, for no reason other than you're a superstitious person.

Normally I'd move a thread like this to the Lounge, but since it pertains to fasting and the LSAT, it'll stay in the forum. As such, people who want to debate religion for no fucking reason other than being obnoxious pricks will be banned. This is the only warning about it I'm gonna give. There are plenty of places to profess your beliefs that nobody gives a fuck about; this is not one of them.
You aren't great at following along, are you? How is the religious aspect of a thread about a religious activity creating difficulty for the LSAT not relevant? I could see if we were bashing Islam particularly as a religion, or comparing our Great Bloodshot Eye to his Purple Hoodoo Man (or whatever), but I was just saying that the entire point of this thread is undermined by its requirement that you worship a great space ghost. And I was being an asshole.

See you guys in, what, three days?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

tso

fucking

brave

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
You aren't great at following along, are you? How is the religious aspect of a thread about a religious activity creating difficulty for the LSAT not relevant? I could see if we were bashing Islam particularly as a religion, or comparing our Great Bloodshot Eye to his Purple Hoodoo Man (or whatever), but I was just saying that the entire point of this thread is undermined by its requirement that you worship a great space ghost. And I was being an asshole.

You're great at making assumptions.
espressocream wrote:Outside of Ramadan I don't do anything remotely Islamic, but I really do enjoy fasting and the family stuff that comes with it.
It's shaped me in a variety of ways - I like the discipline that comes with it, and the sympathy for those without basic nutrition.

Rituals are nice sometimes, and with me, like most other human beings, there's a need to belong - and for me it's important that it's
with my family.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

espressocream wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:

espressocream wrote:Outside of Ramadan I don't do anything remotely Islamic, but I really do enjoy fasting and the family stuff that comes with it.
It's shaped me in a variety of ways - I like the discipline that comes with it, and the sympathy for those without basic nutrition.

Rituals are nice sometimes, and with me, like most other human beings, there's a need to belong - and for me it's important that it's
with my family.
I'm just...sorry. I don't know. This is usually the most fun place to troll? Look, why don't we just say I'm bitter from sitting out another cycle, and take it from there? You seem like a nice person, and the other people in here seem nice. Fatduck, I think, was going along for the ride, but this doesn't deserve to be derailed. I guess.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:

I'm just...sorry.
Totally did not see this coming...

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

fatduck wrote:tso

fucking

brave

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote: I'm just...sorry. I don't know. This is usually the most fun place to troll? Look, why don't we just say I'm bitter from sitting out another cycle, and take it from there? You seem like a nice person, and the other people in here seem nice. Fatduck, I think, was going along for the ride, but this doesn't deserve to be derailed. I guess.
It's fine. Making assumptions on the LSAT is useful. In real life it's largely useless.

Back on topic...

I'm probably going to save PTing for when I can drink coffee. For now I'll do extensive drilling, slowly and painfully.
It kills hours and I hope somehow I pick up on patterns.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
espressocream wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:

with my family.
I'm just...sorry. I don't know. This is usually the most fun place to troll? Look, why don't we just say I'm bitter from sitting out another cycle, and take it from there? You seem like a nice person, and the other people in here seem nice. Fatduck, I think, was going along for the ride, but this doesn't deserve to be derailed. I guess.

ilovelawtays

Bronze

Post by ilovelawtays » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm so glad Yom Kippur is only 25 hours.

Ramadan Muburak, y'all!

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
aschup wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote: It is relevant. Your pretend god won't pretend care when you real die. But your real law school probably will real care when you real flunk the test, for no reason other than you're a superstitious person.

Aschup isn't around at the moment, so I'll give you the giant "fuck off" you deserve.

And two weeks, because waving a middle finger at the bull just means extra horn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am

fatduck wrote:
vpintz wrote:
+1

What legitimate discourse? That anybody who is religious must be brain dead because he or she believes in imaginary friends, and "religion is stupid"? Legitimate discourse. Also, on the internet, I see a lot more religion-bashing than I do atheist-bashing, maybe religious people should be URM, eh?

I also love how Fark-o-vision completely ignores the argument I pose against his claims.

Edit- Nevermind, it's clear that these dudes are only here to be obnoxious and never really intended to bring any substance more than "Lmao you still believe in Santa Claus."

@espresso, no need to be ashamed of your beliefs, practices, rituals, and/or religion just because atheists are attacking you. You don't have to explain yourself to them.
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eberry

Diamond

Post by Eberry » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 am

espressocream wrote:Back on topic...
bjsesq wrote:Image

ams212

New

Post by ams212 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 pm

I don't see why everyone has to prove someone else wrong. Just accept that other people have different lifestyles, values, and beliefs. It's extremely dumb to come on a thread discussing a religion-related topic just to bash that religion. Hey, look at me I can start a fight about religion on the internetzzz 8) I must be cool now 8)

Anyways, the reason I read this thread was to say good luck to you all. It definitely would suck and I'd have a terribly tough time studying on an empty stomach.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”