Postby sighsigh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am

Ok thanks for feedback.
Last edited by sighsigh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I'm so confused :( Help me with my LR thought experiment

Postby kwais » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:25 am

your example is nonsensical. Every part of it. You need to start over with a better example. First of all, you are trying to strengthen a short, somewhat fact based statement. The LSAT has you strengthen arguments, that have premises and a conclusion. You make the conclusion more likely to follow from the premises by adding the strengthener. Example. Argument - The economy is shitty, therefore ticket sales to movies will fall. Strengthener - In the last 4 recessions, people cut their expenditures on entertainment sharply.

The argument is still just an argument and the conclusion is not definitely going to happen, but the added premise or strengthener makes it even more likely.

Re: I'm so confused :( Help me with LR Strengthen

Postby cc.celina » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 am

Kwais is right. Your example doesn't work because you can't "strengthen" a premise, just a link between a premise and a conclusion. If you want to provide an example of a strengthen question on a PT that you had trouble with, we would be happy to help.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”