PS/ Manhattan Combo for LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Esiler

New

PS/ Manhattan Combo for LG

Post by Esiler » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Has any one had any experience using both PS LG Bible and Manhattan LG book?
I just finished going through the bible for the first time and I am either going to go through it again or start on the Manhattan Book.

Ive read many places that you should go through the bible at least once so that was my plan before I read the Manhattan reviews on here and purchased it. Anyone used both of these together for LG Prep?

Thanks!

gaud

Platinum

Re: PS/ Manhattan Combo for LG

Post by gaud » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:21 pm

I used both of them and took the bits and pieces of each that I thought were useful. Great idea in my opinion.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 pm

gaud wrote:I used both of them and took the bits and pieces of each that I thought were useful. Great idea in my opinion.
+1

Oscar85

New

Post by Oscar85 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:38 pm

What did you guys get from each of them? So far they both look very similar to me - but I am only in the 3-D number line chapter.

Esiler

New

Post by Esiler » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Did you guys just do the bible once before moving onto manhattan?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Oscar85 wrote:What did you guys get from each of them? So far they both look very similar to me - but I am only in the 3-D number line chapter.
To be honest, I don't recall the exact parts I got from each. There were just some tips/diagrams that PS had which I found helpful and the same applied for Manhattan. They are certainly similar which makes it a bit easier to sorta 'synthesize' the two.

Esiler wrote:Did you guys just do the bible once before moving onto manhattan?
For me it may be a little different. I didn't pick up the Manhattan book until my second attempt at the LSAT. So, I had originally read the LG Bible for my first attempt and I read it again for my second. I'd recommend going through each of them before re-reading either book. Skimming the book after reading it may be a better use of time.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Oscar85 wrote:What did you guys get from each of them? So far they both look very similar to me - but I am only in the 3-D number line chapter.
Like Gaud said, its hard to remember specifics. They are similar, but i thought it was really helpful to read two different perspectives and approaches to the same problems. Sometimes I liked PSBs way to diagram, sometimes I liked Ms way. Knowing both ways and figuring out worked best for myself allowed me to tailor my own approach that drew from both.
Esiler wrote:Did you guys just do the bible once before moving onto manhattan?
I read PSB once, then started drilling and PTing. I rarely referred back to it, because I read it carfully and absorbed the important stuff well enough the 1st time (diagramming/short handing rules/identifying games). I bought M when I felt like I was plateauing, and thought it was refreshing, helpful, and IMO written better. I rarely referred back to it either though. The guides, of course, only set you up with a foundation. Then its up to you to drill drill drill till AR is second nature and nothing surprises you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”