June 1999 Game 3

airplay355

June 1999 Game 3

Postby airplay355 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

This is a combo game about Hotel/Restaurant inspections.

I'm trying to find an easier (quicker) way of doing this game. I looked at a tutorial online and they're doing it the same way I am. The notes on my blueprint book say one inference should be that G must be in the morning on Monday or Tuesday. I get that G must go on M or T but I don't understand why G must be in the morning.

Can anyone answer that for me?

PS: My BP is expired so I can't just check on their website.

PSS: Am I allowed to post the game and conditions?

kkdk

Re: June 1999 Game 3

Postby kkdk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:55 pm

No such inference can be made--it's not necessary for G to be inspected in the morning. TCR to Question 14 proves that!

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm

kkdk wrote:No such inference can be made--it's not necessary for G to be inspected in the morning. TCR to Question 14 proves that!

I'm really glad you just posted this, because I just diagrammed the game and stared at it for 10 minutes trying to figure out why it has to be in the morning :mrgreen: If G is on Tuesday, it has to be in the morning, because the latest J can go is Tuesday afternoon and G has to be before J. If G is on Monday, though, it can be in the afternoon, hence the answer to Q14.

You aren't allowed to post the game text itself generally, but it helps to put a PT number since that's how most people refer to their tests.

airplay355

Postby airplay355 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

I just rechecked the notes and I get an RC fail. It said sometime on Monday or ON Tuesday morning. I read it as Monday or Tuesday morning. Two letters were ruining my whole afternoon. Derp.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 pm

airplay355 wrote:I just rechecked the notes and I get an RC fail. It said sometime on Monday or ON Tuesday morning. I read it as Monday or Tuesday morning. Two letters were ruining my whole afternoon. Derp.

Derp is OK, I have done this way too many times to count. At least it proves you're really understanding the game!!

poppy

Postby poppy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

G doesn't have to be in the morning, one inference should be that G can't go on Tuesday afternoon - so you have three spots where G could go: Monday morning, Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Just like J can't go on Monday morning, but has to go on either: Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning or Tuesday afternoon.

kkdk

Postby kkdk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 pm

cc.celina wrote:
kkdk wrote:No such inference can be made--it's not necessary for G to be inspected in the morning. TCR to Question 14 proves that!

I'm really glad you just posted this, because I just diagrammed the game and stared at it for 10 minutes trying to figure out why it has to be in the morning :mrgreen: If G is on Tuesday, it has to be in the morning, because the latest J can go is Tuesday afternoon and G has to be before J. If G is on Monday, though, it can be in the afternoon, hence the answer to Q14.

You aren't allowed to post the game text itself generally, but it helps to put a PT number since that's how most people refer to their tests.

lol no worries :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”