Is a Prep Course worth it for me? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
meesh

New

Is a Prep Course worth it for me?

Post by meesh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 pm

So I've taken some cheap, local LSAT prep courses before and about 8 or 9 practice LSATs over the span of two months. I was able to bring my score up from a first time 153 to a personal best of 161. I have the Powerscore bibles for LG and LR. My question is do you think that taking an expensive prep class such as Testmasters is worth it for me (in other words, would it really boost my score any more than I have already boosted it)?

I know that it varies and mostly depends on how well you can apply yourself but I just want to know your opinions based on your experiences. If I'm already familiar with the test, are the Testmaster methods really worth over a grand and do I have much room for improvement? I'm shooting for at least 10 more points. Thank you :)

North

Gold

Re: Is a Prep Course worth it for me?

Post by North » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Save your money for PT bundles and self study, unless you really think you absolutely can't do it without the structure of a course. There are more than enough free resources on this website to help you reach your goal. But if you have money to blow, then go for it.

cc.celina

Silver

Re: Is a Prep Course worth it for me?

Post by cc.celina » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm

If you already know the basics and you're motivated enough to study, you'll probably get a lot more out of your money by hiring a private tutor. If the tutor is around 100/hr, then 10 one on one tutoring sessions are going to be a lot more valuable than a general prep course for the same price.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”