Best way to divide time up between 3 sections?

MissJenna

Best way to divide time up between 3 sections?

Postby MissJenna » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm

This has been a major problem for me lately.

In the mornings I rotate between doing Logical reasoning and then I do RC in the afternoons. I do games pretty much everyday.

The biggest problem I'm encountering is I have this set # of LR questions & RC passages I do everyday (well 5 days a week anyway) and sometimes (well a lot actually), I seem to spend more time on 1 section on than other. It really just depends on my mood, how long it's taking me to answer questions, review questions, etc., etc.

I was thinking of spending 2 full days on RC and then 3 full days on LR and then doing games everyday in between. I'm thinking maybe I'll get more bang for my buck that way but I don't really know.

I'm just worried about neglecting 1 section when I'm working on another. Does that make sense?

I can do this 5 days a week but I need the weekends off.

I'm really trying to come up with something that will work so I can get better at each section without sacrificing another if this makes any sense.

Hopefully I haven't confused anyone. :?

ryanfaro

Re: Best way to divide time up between 3 sections?

Postby ryanfaro » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:29 pm

How about doing prep tests? It will ready you stamina wise for the exam, give you a good idea of where you stand and distribute practice evenly.

Postby 06102016 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm

MissJenna

Postby MissJenna » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

ryanfaro wrote:How about doing prep tests? It will ready you stamina wise for the exam, give you a good idea of where you stand and distribute practice evenly.

Yes, I do need stamina no doubt but I'm more trying to work on accuracy first. I mean that's the way it should be, right? Accuracy before timing?

MissJenna

Postby MissJenna » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 pm

slack_academic wrote:Just do whatever you're worst at until you're ready to move on to timed tests. Don't start timed tests until you're ready, but don't wait too long either.

Anyway, spend more time on whatever you hate the most so you can get over it.

Yeah, that's definitely LR.

I'm just worried that because I haven't started timing myself yet that I'm in trouble. I mean we're already halfway thru July........and I'm not even close.

ryanfaro

Postby ryanfaro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 am

Try doing PT's and analyze what you got wrong AND what you got right, mark down the question types you got wrong after each few tests or so, then drill these question types. Just my opinion.

Then you will really see whats lacking and what isn't.

Postby 06102016 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

bbobby12

Postby bbobby12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 pm

It's ok to take longer on one section right now, you have a long ways to go to improve timing. It's better to learn it before focusing too much on the timing. Spend more time on your weakest section. This is the problem many have because they try avoiding their weakest section or put it off to the end. I say you attach it head on and not worry about it later

puppylaw

Postby puppylaw » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Do real prep tests. There's 60 of them by now. Start out one section at a time, untimed. Then a couple sections in a sitting, timed, but at longer than 35 minutes per section. Work your way up to full tests at 35 minutes or less per section. Work on your week areas when you aren't taking prep tests.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”