Starting off right... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Arky22

New

Starting off right...

Post by Arky22 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Alright, so I'm from a part of Arkansas that does not offer any live courses (except for Kaplan, but I don't hear just great things) within a three hour vicinity - and so they aren't really an option.

I'm staring at Amazon right now looking for LSAT books to order. I was going to order as many old test books, and then didn't know whether I should get the Manhattan set, PowerScore bibles, or which of the 12,000 books. Which do y'all suggest?

Also, which online course would y'all recommend? It would be good if I got one company's books and did another's online course, would it?

Thank you all very much! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am obviously new to all of this. :)

Bronze

Re: Starting off right...

Post by 05062014 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Logic Games Bible by powerscore and some fiber gummies. Both are essential

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Order the PowerScore bibles first and see how you feel about them. Try out their concepts on a few practice tests to see whether the concepts are clicking. As you work through more and more practice tests and see an improvement, order the Manhattan guides to solidiy your understanding and to assist you in areas that you're weak.

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Dude...you just started a thread asking about Manhattan--you apparently haven't even started reading one Manhattan guide--and now you're recommending how others should be using Manhattan in their LSAT study? Seriously?

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm basing my recommendation on the answers I received, whether or not I've actually read the Manhattan guide is irrelevant since others who have read both recommend starting off with PS first. Assuming Op is starting from scratch with his prep, you're better off starting with PowerScore regardless.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Arky22

New

Post by Arky22 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Okay, great. Thanks!

So no need for an online class? Just study the bibles, maybe order some more books on the areas I'm week and get some personal tutoring maybe as the test gets closer?

TERS

Bronze

Post by TERS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:I'm basing my recommendation on the answers I received
LOL!

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Arky22 wrote:Okay, great. Thanks!

So no need for an online class? Just study the bibles, maybe order some more books on the areas I'm week and get some personal tutoring maybe as the test gets closer?
You should take a 5 section timed diagnostic to see where you stand. What you need to do greatly depends on where your starting point is.

I definitely agree with Cardozolaw, though, in that reading the Powerscore bibles and then the MH book is TCR. I'm in the middle of the MH LR book as we speak.

bbobby12

New

Post by bbobby12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

I don't think I can say much that you havent heard before. Powerscore is a favorite by many.

One thing I'd say: for the online course, just make sure to treat it as much as you can as a live course as far as timing constraints while doing a section. I've taken other online courses, some worked well, some not so much. It's all about discipline. Best of luck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”