thoughts?

thoughts?

Postby 05062014 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I find that if I drill a particular section type I begin to excel at it but I begin to digress in other section types. Currently, the plan is to rotate my focus on particular sections over and over with the hope that this digression lessens each cycle of (LR-RC-LG).

Aside from Logical Reasoning (which I am finding improves the more you do it, regardless of if you take a break from it occasionally or not), it seems like RC and LG (especially) require constant attention if you want to maintain a level of accuracy.

Can anyone relate to this? If so, would you recommend what I am planning on doing, or, would you try to take more full exams to give attention to all sections as we are destined to do on the real thing?

Thanks

JohnV

Re: thoughts?

Postby JohnV » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:08 pm

abdistotle wrote:I find that if I drill a particular section type I begin to excel at it but I begin to digress in other section types. Currently, the plan is to rotate my focus on particular sections over and over with the hope that this digression lessens each cycle of (LR-RC-LG).

Aside from Logical Reasoning (which I am finding improves the more you do it, regardless of if you take a break from it occasionally or not), it seems like RC and LG (especially) require constant attention if you want to maintain a level of accuracy.

Can anyone relate to this? If so, would you recommend what I am planning on doing, or, would you try to take more full exams to give attention to all sections as we are destined to do on the real thing?

Thanks

What I've been doing seems to work. I do an LR one day, an RC the next, and as many LG's as I feel like doing (within a certain game type, trying to master each type individually). That way you don't take time off from any section but you get to spend concentrated time on each. HTH.

Postby 05062014 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I was kinda doing that for a while but I found myself feeling like I was not attacking the test directly by doing individual games instead of full sections, even when I timed each game i did.. Right now being able to navigate through sections within 35 min is how i am training. it also makes studying more fun, personally.

the test is formatted really well by sections. if you know your shit, the test makers give you just enough time to finish i am finding.

bbobby12

Postby bbobby12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Rotation is good to keep things fresh, but repetition is better i think. Id try doing 2 days on one section, then move on to the next. It depends on your preferences, but maybe this will work for you.

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

It depends on how well you're scoring/how much work you need to do. If you're in the 173+ range, I'd do full practice tests rather than drilling. If you're below that I'd spend a couple of days per section. It is important to understand why you're getting questions wrong and that takes time for some, I think.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”