Practice Tests Before Done with the Bibles? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
echamberlin8

Bronze

Practice Tests Before Done with the Bibles?

Post by echamberlin8 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Quick question: I'm taking the LSAT in October for the first time. I'm currently over halfway through the Logic Games Bible, but I have yet to begin the Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning Bibles. I'm about to start studying a lot more than I have been for the last few months in hopes of revving it up for the big October test. The only full-length test I've taken was a diagnostic (155). Do you guys think I should wait until I'm done reading the Bible trilogy before delving into more full-length tests (I suspect this will take another month to complete the trilogy). Or should I start taking it after I'm done with the Logic Games Bible, and take them concurrently with studying the other two Bibles?

I'm just scared I won't have enough time to take as many full-length LSATs as possible.

PS: My goal is a 170+, so I'm hoping to improve 15 points from my diagnostic (I missed a ton on Logic Games on that, which I'm now more comfortable with, but not perfect on obviously).

cc.celina

Silver

Re: Practice Tests Before Done with the Bibles?

Post by cc.celina » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Go for it. There are more than 40 practice tests that are really good study tools. Imo, the more tests you take the better. I improved roughly 18 points from my diagnostic by basically only doing and reviewing timed PTs.

skova

New

Post by skova » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:17 pm

I feel like the occasional test wouldn't hurt, but I'd be careful of doing too many. Speaking from a position of running out of tests myself, there are fewer than it seems, especially fully "realistic" ones.

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:02 pm

cc.celina wrote:Go for it. There are more than 40 practice tests that are really good study tools. Imo, the more tests you take the better. I improved roughly 18 points from my diagnostic by basically only doing and reviewing timed PTs.
I like what you have to say, hedgehogged-avatar! :mrgreen: I think I might start doing one once every week or two after I finish the LGB. Skova, I see your point, but I doubt I will run out of PTs since I haven't done any other than the free one online so far. Maybe I will try the ones in the LSAT SuperPrep book first.

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Glad to help. I would however suggest not using the Superprep tests - they're pretty old, and this is how I personally got the most out of them: I went through the tests untimed, one question at a time, first picking the AC and then checking it in the back and reading the explanation. It really helped me figure out how you're "supposed" to reason through LR and RC. Obviously you don't have to do this, but it helped me, and my suggestion would be starting w/ one of the normal numbered PTs.

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

cc.celina wrote:Glad to help. I would however suggest not using the Superprep tests - they're pretty old, and this is how I personally got the most out of them: I went through the tests untimed, one question at a time, first picking the AC and then checking it in the back and reading the explanation. It really helped me figure out how you're "supposed" to reason through LR and RC. Obviously you don't have to do this, but it helped me, and my suggestion would be starting w/ one of the normal numbered PTs.
The only reason I thought about doing the SuperPrep tests while still going through the Bibles was so that I could save the newer, numbered tests for when I had more skills accumulated through finishing the Bibles. I will consider your route, however.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”