retake in December, late or not?

goononon

retake in December, late or not?

Postby goononon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 am

I just got the score in June. It is 10 points lower than my average PT's. I have another important exam in late September. It is said that a late application will be disadvantageous because of the so-called rolling basis. I'm struggling with it...

dowu

Re: retake in December, late or not?

Postby dowu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm

goononon wrote:I just got the score in June. It is 10 points lower than my average PT's. I have another important exam in late September. It is said that a late application will be disadvantageous because of the so-called rolling basis. I'm struggling with it...

December is late, but not impossible. You might have to sit out another year.

Good luck!

totaltest.milan

Postby totaltest.milan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:49 am

Get in touch with the schools that you're applying to and see what they say.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:43 am

If the December exam will allow you to go up by more points than October because of the other exam, then it's worth taking that one instead. Yes, it makes it harder to gain acceptance. However, so does having a lower LSAT. It's the marginal cases where you'll be hurt - the schools where you're below their medians. If you're above their medians, they'll probably accept you even after the bulk of applications have been processed.

bbobby12

Postby bbobby12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 pm

December is still good if youre not ready for oct. but keep in mind, applying in oct still gives you the better chance to get into a school you might not have in december. For now, id apply for oct and work my butt off all summer

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”