Creating 5-section tests

LittleTree

Creating 5-section tests

Postby LittleTree » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 am

I have 11 tests in the 1-20 range and 30 beyond that (I'll probably buy one or two more in the 60s, they just weren't released when I started). I've only done a diagnostic and one other PT which I just took with the 4 provided sections.
I am using the PowerScore question type training books for LR and LG which knock out the 11 tests I have in the 1-20 section. I'm planning on taking the RC from them as single timed sections. For my last 30 tests, what would be TCR for making them 5-section? Just take apart 5-6 of the earlier ones in the 20s range and add their sections to the later ones?
I plan on taking basically all my tests before October, will the loss of 6+ tests to create 5-section tests be beneficial? Is it generally accepted that you should practice with 5-section tests or have people had success with 4-section?

Thanks for your help!

gaud

Re: Creating 5-section tests

Postby gaud » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:00 pm

LittleTree wrote:I have 11 tests in the 1-20 range and 30 beyond that (I'll probably buy one or two more in the 60s, they just weren't released when I started). I've only done a diagnostic and one other PT which I just took with the 4 provided sections.
I am using the PowerScore question type training books for LR and LG which knock out the 11 tests I have in the 1-20 section. I'm planning on taking the RC from them as single timed sections. For my last 30 tests, what would be TCR for making them 5-section? Just take apart 5-6 of the earlier ones in the 20s range and add their sections to the later ones?
I plan on taking basically all my tests before October, will the loss of 6+ tests to create 5-section tests be beneficial? Is it generally accepted that you should practice with 5-section tests or have people had success with 4-section?

Thanks for your help!

I'm sure some people have had success with 4-section practice tests, but I'd recommend you use 5-sections. You have the right idea about it, just take apart some of the earlier tests and throw them into to some of the newer ones. If you can, keep track of where you place the sections; that way, when you finish the 4 sections of the split up test, you can add them together and you can still see what you would have scored on the exam that you took apart.

Good luck!

LittleTree

Re: Creating 5-section tests

Postby LittleTree » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks for the reassurance and also the tip about keeping track of them so I can still add them up for a score. I probably wouldn't have thought about that and would have simply scored each of those sections by themselves.
Very helpful!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”