toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flippacious

Re: Switching from Kaplan Methods?

Postby flippacious » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm

I also took a Kaplan course before finding TLS. The only books I can speak for are the Powerscore LR and LG Bibles. (haven't ready any RC books, and I haven't read any Manhattan books…yet). Definitely invest in the PS books. I wouldn't look at it as "switching" from the Kaplan method, because the Kaplan method isn't drastically different. The main difference is the depth and detail that you get. Kaplan offers a very surface-level understanding of LR. You'll get a much better breakdown for LR question types in the Powerscore book and a much deeper understanding of how to approach each question type. If you're feeling very prepared for logic games, then I guess you could skip the LG bible. I would recommend you read it though. I picked up some ideas from the Kaplan class, but I prefer Powerscore's notation and I think mixing together approaches from each company worked well for me.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:00 pm

toothbrush wrote:
My question is whether you guys would suggest picking up the bibles from PS or Manhattan and practicing their strategies for questions. Do they consist of tips/tricks which would help at this point? If so, which books would you suggest?

I read boths sets (M/PSB) and, IMO, Manhattan has more depth, better strategies, and is tailored for high scorers. The bundle is certainly worth the read and the 70 dollars + shipping . http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-LSAT-Se ... roduct_top

Of course, PSBs are legit too.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”