need some help planning when to take LSAT

HarlandBassett

need some help planning when to take LSAT

Postby HarlandBassett » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:17 pm

I haven't started studying for LSAT yet, but I expect to matriculate into the c/o 2017. I want to take the LSAT only twice, and the 2nd tie is merely just in case I don't score in my range for whatever off-reason. I realistically can start studying around November of this year.

I need some general pointers on when (which months) to take the LSAT.

chuckbass

Re: need some help planning when to take LSAT

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Well I'm also planning on matriculating into the c/o 2017, and I started studying in May for the upcoming October test. I figured I'd have enough time to study hard over the summer, and if I do poorly and NEED to retake I plan on taking it again in June. If you're starting in November I'm not sure if you'd be ready for the February test, so I guess June would be your best bet, because you could retake in October if you needed to. So I'd say shoot for February and if you're not ready take June. Good luck!

ninetails

Postby ninetails » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Last edited by ninetails on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 am

ninetails wrote:As early as possible, I'd recommend June if you feel ready. It's a good time for most people because you won't be in school. If you're really motivated and good at planning ahead (which it seems like you might be) you could always study hard over winter break and take it in February. Then you'd have June open for a retake. But bear in mind February tests aren't released, so if you aren't happy with your score you won't be able to review your mistakes as a way of preparing for your retake.

why is that?

also, i'm reading Northwestern Law's admission instructions and it says
"The LSAT is offered four times per year: February, June, September/October, and December." Why is that?

jsgrunwald

Postby jsgrunwald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:52 am

Lurker on the boards here...

I too am planning on a c/o 2017 (hoping to get some $$ at a low T-14)...I'm a rising junior so going to try to go straight from college to Law School.

My plan is taking the June 2013 LSAT--less than 12 months away! :O

I am studying for this test much like I sorta studied for the SAT (which I actually didn't study that much for; so I'm putting in a LOT more work for the LSAT). My plan...being 12 months out..is to go slowly through my Prep Material. I'm working my way through all the PowerScore Bibles this summer, and this fall I am probably planning on going through texts from an old TestMaster's books I got from a friend.

Starting this December is when I really hit it--I've purchased nearly every released Preptest, so I plan on taking 2-3 a week up to the test day. Why? It seems that the people who have practiced heavily on the ACTUAL LSAT's (not just/mostly on the other prep materials) have done pretty well.

Dream is 175 (well obviously 180, but realistic dream), but I would possibly be satisfied with a 172. I want to be PT'ing in the high 170s in any case, before the test comes around.

As for the February tests--I believe they have been released (or LSAC has that option) a year or two later as a June or September test. So they can sorta 'reuse' those questions on a new herd of prospective 'lawyers'. :D

jsgrunwald

Postby jsgrunwald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 am

also, i'm reading Northwestern Law's admission instructions and it says
"The LSAT is offered four times per year: February, June, September/October, and December." Why is that?

I believe it's either September or October based on when the date falls (late Sep, or early Oct). I THINK. *googles*

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”