LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 am

.
Last edited by edwardt1988 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omegaomega
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby omegaomega » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am

did you finish the games at all? are the 10 that you got wrong careless mistakes or unfinished answers?

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 am

.
Last edited by edwardt1988 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sjwest
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby sjwest » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 am

It just happens. Nerves or whatever you want to call it. I rock almost every practice game I take, but for some reason on actual test day, I just freak a little and run out of time and rush through the games. I'm consistently -0/-1 on my timed practice game sections, but on test day? -9 and -5.

It's a head game. That's what I attribute it to.

Edit: Also, in June there were close to zero deductions to make for every game, so those of us that had drilled inferences/deductions were panicking trying to see what we were missing. Hopefully on your retake (assumption) you'll get a more normal set of games and rock it.

omegaomega
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby omegaomega » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 am

edwardt1988 wrote:
omegaomega wrote:did you finish the games at all? are the 10 that you got wrong careless mistakes or unfinished answers?


Sorry, I should have mentioned this. December 2011 test I had 3 questions I didn't finish.

June 2012 test, I finished everything. However, I jumped from test to test because I started panicking in the middle of the first game. That's why I knew I prob got some wrong. Usually, I start a game, write the rules, figure out inferences and then do the questions. For this one, it seemed nothing was clicking during the first game, so I panicked a bit and started the second game and I was still panicking.

Honestly, I can't understand why I panicked in the first place, but I had prep tests where I had issues with one game, skipped it, and then came back to it.


if you finished everything but got 7 wrong, you probably have misinterpreted one or more rules, or have missed the one or more rules. This is prone to happen when you're in a rush, which is a result of panicking.

have you reviewed your answers and tried to recall how you got the answers wrong?

omegaomega
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby omegaomega » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:40 am

sjwest wrote:It just happens. Nerves or whatever you want to call it. I rock almost every practice game I take, but for some reason on actual test day, I just freak a little and run out of time and rush through the games. I'm consistently -0/-1 on my timed practice game sections, but on test day? -9 and -5.

It's a head game. That's what I attribute it to.

Edit: Also, in June there were close to zero deductions to make for every game, so those of us that had drilled inferences/deductions were panicking trying to see what we were missing. Hopefully on your retake (assumption) you'll get a more normal set of games and rock it.


zero (more or less) inference may become the norm. i sat in the Asia June LSAT. There is little inference and it heavily relies on plug and chug, even more so than the recent PT's. this seems to be pretty in line with what you said.

coldweather
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby coldweather » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 am

I disagree. There were a couple big deductions you could make to fly through the games. Not sure if we can say specifics... Anyway one way to help with lg is to give yourself 32 mins. I would do this because if lg was your first section the LSAT panick might have kicked in (brain just spins with no comprehension). (and make sure you practice with bubbling because that eats up a good 45-60 seconds)

omegaomega
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby omegaomega » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 pm

coldweather wrote:I disagree. There were a couple big deductions you could make to fly through the games. Not sure if we can say specifics... Anyway one way to help with lg is to give yourself 32 mins. I would do this because if lg was your first section the LSAT panick might have kicked in (brain just spins with no comprehension). (and make sure you practice with bubbling because that eats up a good 45-60 seconds)


okay, i could have missed something. no one to blame

coldweather
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby coldweather » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm

*note I sat in the June 2012 USA test

omegaomega
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Re: LSAT dilemma. LG section issue

Postby omegaomega » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

coldweather wrote:*note I sat in the June 2012 USA test


noted. i said i *could* have missed sth. but i'll never find out, since it's not disclosed. :?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, Google [Bot], Tazewell and 6 guests