June Score impacted severely by test day daze?

Rascalicious

June Score impacted severely by test day daze?

Postby Rascalicious » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 am

I know a lot of us who took the LSAT for the first time in June mentioned a daze we were in during the test. I was in a daze all throughout section 1 (LR) and 2 (Exp). And I was even in somewhat of a daze in section 3 (RC). Then the break came and I woke up and started performing drastically better.
The daze is a phenomena that causes you to have a blank mind and read through stimuli mindlessly, sometimes even skimming, and it causes you to finish a section MUCH faster than you had ever done in PTs.

Daze= LR -10, RC -12
After Break= LR -3 LG -6 (But I made a diagramming error on the first game and got four wrong on it so could have been -2)

I've been trying to understand why I got the score that I got and now I think the daze (maybe induced by adrenaline/nerves/lack of adequate sleep) might explain it.
Does anyone else think this could have severely impacted their score in June or is this just a poor excuse to explain a sub-par score?

rinehart27

Re: June Score impacted severely by test day daze?

Postby rinehart27 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:06 am

That's good, old-fashioned choke my friend. No problem, get em next time.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:07 am

I did fine on three of my sections (-3 total LR and -2 RC). I just bombed the fuck out of the LG (-5). This will not happen again. I'm going to destroy the next test so hard the test's mother is going to call me and ask me to stop and I'll say "fuck no, now you have to watch bitch" as I destroy it further.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, I feel this daze affected my score. I see the evidence mostly in RC, whereas even though I had missed 4 questions on RC PT's in the past, I had missed maybe 3 Main Point questions over the course of 30 PTs, in June I missed two MP's on that one test. I think this is due to the fact that, even before scores came out, I made a post mentioning that I didn't really comprehend the passages how I normally would. I saw the info, and was able to go back and find details, but the sentences and paragraphs didn't fit together in my mind as a whole, they were just random pieces. I knew this would affect my MP Q's, and turns out it did.

Anyway, October's gonna have a better curve too you guys, so it's retake city for me.

PSteel

Postby PSteel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeah, the daze smacked me upside the head. Between the proctoring (took 2 hours for them to start the damn test...) and issues in my own life, I tanked portions of this test I never have otherwise. I even got 3 questions wrong in LR that, even now, I have no idea why I picked the wrong answer that I did. Somehow my mind going off to la-la land just doesn't cut it for that.

Regardless, October, here I come. I'll be more than ready for that test, and I'm not worried a bit.

Noitaraperp

Postby Noitaraperp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:24 am

I also felt a bit of a daze. I had RC RC LR LG LR. In the first RC, I felt like there were a lot of tough questions, and that I wasn't really reading carefully. My mind had just a "go" mindset. Luckily I got out of that section with a -1 (though I really felt it was like -3 or -4). The second RC, since it was the same sort of section, snapped me to consciousness. It was an experimental RC and the first passage on high theory was so unusual for the LSAT that I had to really pay attention, and I fell into more of a groove.

chup

Postby chup » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:35 am

You were banned until July 6th, dipshit. That's not an invitation to come back with a new account.

See you in a month.

chup

Postby chup » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 am

Oh and I found your other alt too. Alt again and we nuke your shit from orbit.

dowu

Postby dowu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:49 am

IBTL.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”