Powerscore Advanced Logic Games Course

AEIOU

Powerscore Advanced Logic Games Course

Postby AEIOU » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Has anyone taken this course and, if so, how would you rate it?

MauveT-Rex

Re: Powerscore Advanced Logic Games Course

Postby MauveT-Rex » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 am

AEIOU wrote:Has anyone taken this course and, if so, how would you rate it?

I took the course and I was not impressed. There are four lessons consisting of about 8 hours of whiteboard lecture. Then there are 10 games that are explained at length (about 45 mins. each). The audio is poorly edited and comes across as very choppy. As far as the content is concerned I think that there was far too much fluff and lectures came across as purposely long winded (maybe to be able to brag about how many hours of lecture were included?). I also found the lectures to be very dry and I had a hard time forcing myself to sit through some of them. I would save your money towards other more efficient study aids. Good luck in whatever you decide.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 am

straight poo
wasted way too much time on this noise

Neander

Postby Neander » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 am

AEIOU wrote:Has anyone taken this course and, if so, how would you rate it?

Read the LG Bible 10 times and your time would have been better spent.

AEIOU

Postby AEIOU » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions for LG guides/courses. Studied the Bible religiously and still missed 11 on LG on June LSAT. Ordered Manhattan's guide yesterday.

MauveT-Rex

Postby MauveT-Rex » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 pm

AEIOU wrote:Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions for LG guides/courses. Studied the Bible religiously and still missed 11 on LG on June LSAT. Ordered Manhattan's guide yesterday.

I would take a serious look at Velocity's LG methods/course. They have a couple sample games on youtube....

AEIOU

Postby AEIOU » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 pm

MauveT-Rex wrote:
AEIOU wrote:Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions for LG guides/courses. Studied the Bible religiously and still missed 11 on LG on June LSAT. Ordered Manhattan's guide yesterday.

I would take a serious look at Velocity's LG methods/course. They have a couple sample games on youtube....

Yeah... It bothers me that the guy was a fraud though. I'll still look into it more.

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 am

AEIOU wrote:
MauveT-Rex wrote:

Yeah... It bothers me that the guy was a fraud though. I'll still look into it more.

he looks like

MauveT-Rex

Postby MauveT-Rex » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 am

HarlandBassett wrote:
AEIOU wrote:
MauveT-Rex wrote:

he looks like

This is true. I don't find him particularly authentic or entertaining but the methods seem effective.

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 am

MauveT-Rex wrote:This is true. I don't find him particularly authentic or entertaining but the methods seem effective.

is his testprep aimed at top scorers (like ManhattanLSAT) or the general public?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”