parallel questions

Fianna13

parallel questions

Postby Fianna13 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I know for awhile they did that shit where both parallel flaw and parallel reasoning questions had the same questions stimulus, Do they still do that?

bp shinners

Re: parallel questions

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Fianna13 wrote:I know for awhile they did that shit where both parallel flaw and parallel reasoning questions had the same questions stimulus, Do they still do that?

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I think you're asking if a parallel question can be flawed, in which case the answer is yes. However, a parallel question with a flaw is distinct from a parallel flaw question.

If a prompt has parallel language, then you have to pick an answer that matches up with every element of the stimulus - quantification, conclusion, validity (i.e. it has to have the same flaw), number of terms, etc...

If a prompt has parallel flaw language, then you just need to match up the flaw.

So I think the answer to your question is a qualified yes, as there are still flawed parallel questions, but they're different from parallel flaw questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”