Powerscore Trilogy + Testmaster Course??

nosleeptillsuccess

Powerscore Trilogy + Testmaster Course??

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Hey everyone,

I ordered the 3 books from the Powerscore website. I'm now trying to determine whether to take the Powerscore prep course or the Testmasters prep course. I'm leaning towards the TM course because it offers more hours and I see a greater amount positive reviews online. I hear that PS and TM are pretty much the same, but I'm just hoping the books that I ordered won't confuse me with the TM material. ANY help along with ANY additional info would be awesome.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

rshehadeh9091

Re: Powerscore Trilogy + Testmaster Course??

Postby rshehadeh9091 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:36 pm

I too have the PSBs and I'm debating the same thing. There's a TM course starting this month and a TM or PS one starting next month...

I'm here in Orange County looking at them.

e_mac7

Postby e_mac7 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm currently going through the PSB for LR and LG and I'm taking a course with TM online. Haven't started the course yet, but I'm already seeing improvement just with the books. :)

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm

I went though the PS trilogy then took TM. I would recommend this combo 100% Got a 168 and will be attending Cornell

nosleeptillsuccess

Postby nosleeptillsuccess » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 pm

@ Msblaw89 - Thank you so much for the info. If you don't mind me asking... what was your GPA and major? Also, what did you write in your personal statement and who wrote your letters of rec?

Congrats on getting into Cornell.. I'm shooting for NYU, Columbia, Fordham and Cornell myself.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:56 pm

nosleeptillsuccess wrote:@ Msblaw89 - Thank you so much for the info. If you don't mind me asking... what was your GPA and major? Also, what did you write in your personal statement and who wrote your letters of rec?

Congrats on getting into Cornell.. I'm shooting for NYU, Columbia, Fordham and Cornell myself.

3.8 GPA major poli sci and minor in business. I had two of my professors write LORs. Ce straight from undergrad, but did have an internship and several leadership positions. The PS/ TM course cocktail really is great. If you put everything into it you can score 170+

RIPmitchhedberg

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I started with TM, then bought the Bibles when I retook. The content is almost identical (though they sometimes use different names for strategies etc). I can't speak for the PS class, but I can say that it wouldn't be bad mixing the PS books with the TM course.

That said, I also doubt you need both from the start (I only turned to PS because I had exhausted my TM course materials).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”