Help with LSAT prep materials

sturdy

Help with LSAT prep materials

Postby sturdy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey guys, been lurking on here for a while now. I just got my LSAT results back and I'm disappointed to say the least. Scored a 160. Sections were RC -9 LR1 -13 LG -2 LR2 -3. RC has been a consistent weak point so I wasn't all that surprised. But LR1? Shocked. I have some explanation for this because my proctor interrupted me early in LR1 which must have just threw me off completely. Anyways, I have done PT's 35 thru 65 while averaging 165. Ranged from 161-170. Generally, RC was -8 LR -8 LG -0/-1. I'm planning on retaking in Oct. and I obviously want to target LR and RC. Would be ecstatic if I could work both down to -5 or so.

I just did self study the first time around for about 5 months. The LR q's I miss have no real patterns, generally just the harder q's.

I have heard that Velocity is great, but that tends to be from people who truly struggle with LG. I guess my question is, is it worth it for RC and LR?

The alternative to this would be to buy the Manhattan RC guide and just drill LR by question type, maybe pick up this book below for difficult questions?

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-LSAT-Pra ... 0984456902

I have 3 or 4 Pt's that I haven't done yet so I'm gonna save those for later (the A, B, C PT's if I recall).

Thanks TLS for all you do!

sturdy

Re: Help with LSAT prep materials

Postby sturdy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 pm

anyone?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”