Am I doing this in the right order?

e_mac7

Am I doing this in the right order?

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm taking the LSAT in October and started prepping since Mid-June.

As of right now, I'm studying the LRB extensively and signed up to take a TM Online course this summer. I took my first diagnostic at got a 141 hence why I've been burying my head in the LRB for hours a day to try to absorb everything in it. TM asked me to take a diagnostic again, just to gauge where I'm at and where I want to be at.

I've taken a look at various forums on LSAT prep here and it seems like the bibles are pretty well recommended. I'm wondering, should I be taking practice LR sections while concurrently studying the LRB? I want to wait to take the TM diagnostic until I finish the LRB to see if it helps boost my score in those sections a bit.

I want to make sure I"m studying smart and with 90+ days to the LSAT, time is precious. So, anything I'm doing wrong or could improve on? I haven't even begun to tackle games yet simply because I'm trying to wrap my head around LR first. Also, I've always been a fast test taker which was either hurt or helped me so timing on my first diagnostic was not a problem--it's more getting the concepts down :shock: . Any other books besides the PSB that would help achieve that?

Thanks!! :D

Mr.Binks

Re: Am I doing this in the right order?

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:55 pm

e_mac7 wrote:I'm taking the LSAT in October and started prepping since Mid-June.

As of right now, I'm studying the LRB extensively and signed up to take a TM Online course this summer. I took my first diagnostic at got a 141 hence why I've been burying my head in the LRB for hours a day to try to absorb everything in it. TM asked me to take a diagnostic again, just to gauge where I'm at and where I want to be at.

I've taken a look at various forums on LSAT prep here and it seems like the bibles are pretty well recommended. I'm wondering, should I be taking practice LR sections while concurrently studying the LRB? I want to wait to take the TM diagnostic until I finish the LRB to see if it helps boost my score in those sections a bit.

I want to make sure I"m studying smart and with 90+ days to the LSAT, time is precious. So, anything I'm doing wrong or could improve on? I haven't even begun to tackle games yet simply because I'm trying to wrap my head around LR first. Also, I've always been a fast test taker which was either hurt or helped me so timing on my first diagnostic was not a problem--it's more getting the concepts down :shock: . Any other books besides the PSB that would help achieve that?

Manhattan LR and RC are both pretty solid.

e_mac7

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
e_mac7 wrote:I'm taking the LSAT in October and started prepping since Mid-June.

Manhattan LR and RC are both pretty solid.

Thank you! :)

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes, I like both LR and RC but not Game that does not work for me

Clarity

Postby Clarity » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 am

I would say wait until you are done with the LRB before taking any practice LR sections. No reason to burn through material when you don't understand the concepts yet.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”