How often do conditional waivers get revoked?

Oscar85

How often do conditional waivers get revoked?

Postby Oscar85 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm

All of the information I submitted to LSAC is correct, and I was conditionally approved... will they just verify to confirm that it is confirmed, or will it all be done on a case by case basis? I want to register for the December LSAT as well (I have already registered for October)... but I don't want to be billed for it if I am ultimately denied a waiver.

Also, if I am not satisfied with my October score, can I choose not to send it to schools, or will LSAC send it if I've already applied there? For example, if I get a 165 but want a 170, could I just submit an application without the October LSAT and wait until receive my December score?

whiteness

Re: How often do conditional waivers get revoked?

Postby whiteness » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I have never heard of this happening. Is there some particular circumstance on your application that you think they will examine closely? If not, I wouldn't worry.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:29 pm

They will just verify the information you stated was correct. Once you send in your tax documents, the approval won't be conditional anymore.

Oscar85 wrote:Also, if I am not satisfied with my October score, can I choose not to send it to schools, or will LSAC send it if I've already applied there? For example, if I get a 165 but want a 170, could I just submit an application without the October LSAT and wait until receive my December score?

Schools receive all scores that you have within the last 5 years. You can submit an application with your October score and request that the school wait until your December score is in.

Oscar85

Postby Oscar85 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 pm

No, everything that I submitted is accurate. The term conditional just seems to give the LSAC too much breathing room, which is what worried me. I just didn't want to register for the December LSAT and then be billed for it if my conditional waiver was ultimately revoked. Thanks guys!

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Oscar85 wrote:All of the information I submitted to LSAC is correct, and I was conditionally approved... will they just verify to confirm that it is confirmed, or will it all be done on a case by case basis? I want to register for the December LSAT as well (I have already registered for October)... but I don't want to be billed for it if I am ultimately denied a waiver.

Also, if I am not satisfied with my October score, can I choose not to send it to schools, or will LSAC send it if I've already applied there? For example, if I get a 165 but want a 170, could I just submit an application without the October LSAT and wait until receive my December score?

For the second one, NO. LSAC will report all your scores to the school, however you can cancel your score if you feel you messed up. Cancellation will also be reported to school.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”