What to do before TM class?

LionelHutzJD

What to do before TM class?

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

I have about a week until my Test Masters class begins. What would you guys recommend me doing in the meantime? I already went over half of the PS logic games bible and I read the entire logical reasoning bible. I will admit i havent fully grasped the concepts in both books. What do you guys think? Drill? take prep tests? Thanks!!

aekea

Re: What to do before TM class?

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Relax. You don't need to prep for a prep class. And definitely don't waste a bunch of PTs before you're clear on the material. There's a limited number.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 pm

aekea wrote:Relax. You don't need to prep for a prep class. And definitely don't waste a bunch of PTs before you're clear on the material. There's a limited number.

Understood. However, do you think it would be beneficial to get more of an idea of the test before beginning the prep class?

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
aekea wrote:Relax. You don't need to prep for a prep class. And definitely don't waste a bunch of PTs before you're clear on the material. There's a limited number.

Understood. However, do you think it would be beneficial to get more of an idea of the test before beginning the prep class?

What do you mean? You've already read the LR Bible and half the LG bible. What more do you want to know?

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm

aekea wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:

What do you mean? You've already read the LR Bible and half the LG bible. What more do you want to know?

as much as i can i guess....

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Hahahah - I thought this meant TradeMark class. Ooops.

OP, do nothing. You're already about 200% more prepared than anyone else will be. Go in loose, easy, get whatever tools you can from the course. Best of luck!

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
aekea wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:

as much as i can i guess....

I mean, try out some of the questions, I suppose. If you're feeling really anxious, doing one timed PT to give yourself a starting point and a sense of the time limits would be fine. But really, it's not like your prep class is graded on a curve. Try to relax. You're paying them to explain everything to you. You don't have to figure it all out before the first day.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm

love yall

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Because you've already done some prep, you'll be a little ahead of most in the class at the beginning. Try not to be an ass. If you know something, don't display it. You can still learn from your fellow students, and you might benefit from the teacher talking the class through something much more than if you try to explain it.

Credentials? I took TM twice. Because I love punishment.

pearla

Postby pearla » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:I have about a week until my Test Masters class begins. What would you guys recommend me doing in the meantime? I already went over half of the PS logic games bible and I read the entire logical reasoning bible. I will admit i havent fully grasped the concepts in both books. What do you guys think? Drill? take prep tests? Thanks!!

Get the LR Bible. Before each TM class, read a chapter of the Bible on the Lesson that is going to be taught. If possible, do the questions on that lesson, referring to what you read in the BIBLE. That would keep you one step ahead of others and you will get to ask questions on your mistakes and things you dont grasp well. It is very easy to get behind, especially when you are also working full time. If you are taking the LSAt in October, you might find yourself not ready because unable to digest all the info in one cycle/do all the homework. Either way, dont get to the end of the cycle, get kicked out of the website, with no instructor to talk to and blame yourself for not having been more proactive. :wink:

crossingfingers

Postby crossingfingers » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 pm

I'd be careful about doing to much practice before a course, you don't want to start to solidify bad habits and as others have mentioned here, there's a limited amount of material that you'll wish you hadn't used before armed with your techniques.

One think that I think is often helpful is to just start devouring everything you can read. The less interesting the better. RC passages are a pain specifically b/c they're often turgid and boring, try finding a few subjects that you find tiresome and read up!

Just my two cents; if I had to go back and start fresh, it's all I'd do until classes start.

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

aekea wrote:Relax.

TCR.

There will plenty of time to bust your ass once you start getting homework assignments and do self-studying after the class if that's something you decide to do.

dkb17xzx

Postby dkb17xzx » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:I have about a week until my Test Masters class begins. What would you guys recommend me doing in the meantime? I already went over half of the PS logic games bible and I read the entire logical reasoning bible. I will admit i havent fully grasped the concepts in both books. What do you guys think? Drill? take prep tests? Thanks!!

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWjtWONuGc

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Stop stressing and relax is the biggest thing. You are not being graded and the class is designed to teach you about the LSAT and how to improve your LSAT abilities. You are not expected to know much about the LSAT when class begins since that is what you are taking it to learn about.

Make sure you know the class schedule and meeting location(s), how to get there, have a notepad or notebook or something dedicated to the class to take notes on, get/have pencils, maybe even a highlighter and an eraser. Simple as that.

When the class sessions begin, show up with all that stuff and the proper lesson book, pay attention, ask questions, etc., then between class sessions, do the homework.

BTW, I hope you are talking about and signed up for a class with the real TestMasters founded and run by Robin Singh and not the fake crappy knock off Test Masters based in Texas. I say this because you put a space between the words in the company name in your post, which is the way the crappy fake one states their company name.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Im pretty sure its the real TestMasters??. Testmasters.net?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Im pretty sure its the real TestMasters??. Testmasters.net?

Yeah, that's the real one that is excellent.

Also, during the course, take advantage of your instructor by asking questions during the 30 minutes before lectures begin Q&A period as well as use the helpline when you have questions regarding things/issues/concepts/specific questions/etc. you'd like clarification about while going through the learning process.

The online resources with the videos and everything else that you can access 24/7 while an enrolled student are also excellent, so make sure to check out that stuff while going through the class and use what you need in order to improve and hopefully master the test.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 am

Jeffort wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Im pretty sure its the real TestMasters??. Testmasters.net?

Yeah, that's the real one that is excellent.

Also, during the course, take advantage of your instructor by asking questions during the 30 minutes before lectures begin Q&A period as well as use the helpline when you have questions regarding things/issues/concepts/specific questions/etc. you'd like clarification about while going through the learning process.

The online resources with the videos and everything else that you can access 24/7 while an enrolled student are also excellent, so make sure to check out that stuff while going through the class and use what you need in order to improve and hopefully master the test.

most definitely

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”