Full time job + LSAT prep 5h/day Mo-FR 8h/day Sat-Sun

ilovelawtays

Re: Full time job + LSAT prep 5h/day Mo-FR 8h/day Sat-Sun

Postby ilovelawtays » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 pm

b33eazy wrote:I decided to take a year off and not work, so I can make studying for this test a full time job.

Why would you do this? You will be out of the work force for three years while in law school. You've made that four years now. Nothing about this seems like a good idea.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm

ilovelawtays wrote:
b33eazy wrote:I decided to take a year off and not work, so I can make studying for this test a full time job.

Why would you do this? You will be out of the work force for three years while in law school. You've made that four years now. Nothing about this seems like a good idea.

I'm 22.. I didn't have a job while in college and was highly involved in EC activities, etc.. And after I graduated, I decided not to bother running around looking for a job and to instead just focus on my LSAT studies. In addition, I have 0 debt from college (scholarships,family) and will look for something after I'm done with the test. In addition, it would be too difficult for me to put in the hours I want and work at the same time. Also, I should add that I am having a lot of problems and the hours I'm putting in has really helped me improved dramatically.. I'm am volunteering at various places to keep myself active.. But I rather make this my main focus..

efleury

Postby efleury » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

While working a full time job (roughly 50 hours a week) I studied about 2-3 hours a night on work days and about 4 on weekends for a few months and I felt prepared. I think what people have said about studying smart rather than hard is true. When you find yourself distracted just take a break and relax.

rabbitrun

Postby rabbitrun » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:04 am

lovelyspotlight wrote:
pearla wrote:Thanks all! :) It was tough at first but you get used to it. Everyday is like a new day for me. And the satisfaction from understanding the test better outweighs anything else. I always thought "burnout" is overrated anyway. .(Go study something like existentialism in Chinese while working an odd factory job full time and u might understand) I got really tired yesterday and passed out sooner than usual (I guess because I decided to go home after work instead of walking to the library as I usually do but was up again around 2.30am (did not force myself) and did a section of LR questions and reviewed them THOROUGHLY. Watched a few video of reach schools on you tube and up in bed again at 5am. It is only 1.48pm and I can't wait to leave work and go study :mrgreen:

...I don't get it.

P.S. The reality of "burnout" usually doesn't hit you until you're, you know, burned out. Sort of like forcing an intolerance. True story: Once upon a time, I ate bananas like I was a freakin' monkey. I LOVED bananas. Maybe (like you) I'd wake up at 2:30 a.m., eat a banana, watch a couple banana videos on YouTube and get back in bed at 5 a.m. Who knows? Bananas were the bomb. Anyway, too quickly for my banana-loving self to appreciate, I developed a hefty intolerance for bananas. Any time I ate one -- even just a sliver -- I'd puke. Uh oh spaghettios. That's probably not what you want to happen with your LSAT prep. Passion is great, but dude, your body is going to start to hate you.

This.

Also: I think it's odd that you ask if you are studying too much, and then when EVERYONE tells you that you are, you brag that you just love studying. Flame much?

pearla

Postby pearla » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 am

rabbitrun wrote:
lovelyspotlight wrote:
pearla wrote:Thanks all! :) It was tough at first but you get used to it. Everyday is like a new day for me. And the satisfaction from understanding the test better outweighs anything else. I always thought "burnout" is overrated anyway. .(Go study something like existentialism in Chinese while working an odd factory job full time and u might understand) I got really tired yesterday and passed out sooner than usual (I guess because I decided to go home after work instead of walking to the library as I usually do but was up again around 2.30am (did not force myself) and did a section of LR questions and reviewed them THOROUGHLY. Watched a few video of reach schools on you tube and up in bed again at 5am. It is only 1.48pm and I can't wait to leave work and go study :mrgreen:

...I don't get it.

P.S. The reality of "burnout" usually doesn't hit you until you're, you know, burned out. Sort of like forcing an intolerance. True story: Once upon a time, I ate bananas like I was a freakin' monkey. I LOVED bananas. Maybe (like you) I'd wake up at 2:30 a.m., eat a banana, watch a couple banana videos on YouTube and get back in bed at 5 a.m. Who knows? Bananas were the bomb. Anyway, too quickly for my banana-loving self to appreciate, I developed a hefty intolerance for bananas. Any time I ate one -- even just a sliver -- I'd puke. Uh oh spaghettios. That's probably not what you want to happen with your LSAT prep. Passion is great, but dude, your body is going to start to hate you.

This.

Also: I think it's odd that you ask if you are studying too much, and then when EVERYONE tells you that you are, you brag that you just love studying. Flame much?

Please read initial post carefully... Never asked anyone's input on my studying. Just if anyone out there is puting in many hours while working full time... If anyone is able to get their reach score without doing so, good for them...

Full time job + LSAT prep 5pm-10pm Mo-FR 8h/day Sat-Sun
Anyone puting in 500h of LSAT study time before October?

(I like to review ALL answers thoroughly. )

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:21 pm

b33eazy wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote:

I'm 22.. I didn't have a job while in college and was highly involved in EC activities, etc.. And after I graduated, I decided not to bother running around looking for a job and to instead just focus on my LSAT studies. In addition, I have 0 debt from college (scholarships,family) and will look for something after I'm done with the test. In addition, it would be too difficult for me to put in the hours I want and work at the same time. Also, I should add that I am having a lot of problems and the hours I'm putting in has really helped me improved dramatically.. I'm am volunteering at various places to keep myself active.. But I rather make this my main focus..

You seem unfit to be a lawyer if you have "problems" that preclude you from working while studying.

HTH.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:38 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
b33eazy wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote:

You seem unfit to be a lawyer if you have "problems" that preclude you from working while studying.

HTH.

So because I want to focus solely on this so I can happily say that I put in the hours I wanted; in addition to the fact that my family's finances will allow me to do that and in addition to the fact that I also wanna live a life outside outside of just studying and work for the 6 months (THE ONLY SIX MONTHS I WILL BE GETTING OFF UNTIL I DO START WORKING IN JANUARY) that makes me unfit to be a lawyer? You are a genius and have a strong grasp on an individual's situation. You will do well in law school. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I just saw your GPA, makes sense.. It's fun to make assumptions.. :)

ilovelawtays

Postby ilovelawtays » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:40 pm

b33eazy wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
b33eazy wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote:

HTH.

So because I want to focus solely on this so I can happily say that I put in the hours I wanted; in addition to the fact that my family's finances will allow me to do that and in addition to the fact that I also wanna live a life outside outside of just studying and work for the 6 months (THE ONLY SIX MONTHS I WILL BE GETTING OFF UNTIL I DO START WORKING IN JANUARY) that makes me unfit to be a lawyer? You are a genius and have a strong grasp on an individual's situation. You will do well in law school. Hope that helps.

You have no idea why that person has a 2.7, so crawl down off your high horse and chill out for a moment, little buddy. Stop making your own ridiculous assumptions about people.

Also, you do a lot of addition.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:53 pm

ilovelawtays wrote:So because I want to focus solely on this so I can happily say that I put in the hours I wanted; in addition to the fact that my family's finances will allow me to do that and in addition to the fact that I also wanna live a life outside outside of just studying and work for the 6 months (THE ONLY SIX MONTHS I WILL BE GETTING OFF UNTIL I DO START WORKING IN JANUARY) that makes me unfit to be a lawyer? You are a genius and have a strong grasp on an individual's situation. You will do well in law school. Hope that helps.

You have no idea why that person has a 2.7, so crawl down off your high horse and chill out for a moment, little buddy. Stop making your own ridiculous assumptions about people.

Also, you do a lot of addition.[/quote]

And he has NO BUSINESS making ASSUMPTIONS about me when he DOESN'T know my situation. That's why I said it is FUN making ASSUMPTIONS. Because I do not know his situation, yet I am judging him like he did for me. Again, if you read my last statement, you can infer from my statement, "it's fun making assumptions" that I made a baseless assumption just like him. Also, it's odd how it's ok for him to attack me and saying I AM UNFIT to be a lawyer and that's ok, but my sarcastic retort makes me on a "high-horse," yet he did the EXACT same thing to me, classy.

ilovelawtays

Postby ilovelawtays » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:59 pm

b33eazy wrote:
ilovelawtays wrote:So because I want to focus solely on this so I can happily say that I put in the hours I wanted; in addition to the fact that my family's finances will allow me to do that and in addition to the fact that I also wanna live a life outside outside of just studying and work for the 6 months (THE ONLY SIX MONTHS I WILL BE GETTING OFF UNTIL I DO START WORKING IN JANUARY) that makes me unfit to be a lawyer? You are a genius and have a strong grasp on an individual's situation. You will do well in law school. Hope that helps.

And he has NO BUSINESS making ASSUMPTIONS about me when he DOESN'T know my situation. That's why I said it is FUN making ASSUMPTIONS. Because I do not know his situation, yet I am judging him like he did for me. Again, if you read my last statement, you can infer from my statement, "it's fun making assumptions" that I made a baseless assumption just like him. Also, it's odd how it's ok for him to attack me and saying I AM UNFIT to be a lawyer and that's ok, but my sarcastic retort makes me on a "high-horse," yet he did the EXACT same thing to me, classy.[/quote]

Whatever, dude. Enjoy the pissing contest. :roll:

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Only slightly relevant, but it made me laugh.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:25 pm

ilovelawtays wrote:
b33eazy wrote:

And he has NO BUSINESS making ASSUMPTIONS about me when he DOESN'T know my situation. That's why I said it is FUN making ASSUMPTIONS. Because I do not know his situation, yet I am judging him like he did for me. Again, if you read my last statement, you can infer from my statement, "it's fun making assumptions" that I made a baseless assumption just like him. Also, it's odd how it's ok for him to attack me and saying I AM UNFIT to be a lawyer and that's ok, but my sarcastic retort makes me on a "high-horse," yet he did the EXACT same thing to me, classy.

Whatever, dude. Enjoy the pissing contest. :roll:[/quote]

No, I just wanted to show you your discrepancy and wanted to show the other guy that it is not good to make assumptions because I can do the same thing, even though neither of us understand each other's situation.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 pm

b33eazy wrote:

And he has NO BUSINESS making ASSUMPTIONS about me when he DOESN'T know my situation. That's why I said it is FUN making ASSUMPTIONS. Because I do not know his situation, yet I am judging him like he did for me. Again, if you read my last statement, you can infer from my statement, "it's fun making assumptions" that I made a baseless assumption just like him. Also, it's odd how it's ok for him to attack me and saying I AM UNFIT to be a lawyer and that's ok, but my sarcastic retort makes me on a "high-horse," yet he did the EXACT same thing to me, classy.[/quote]

You seem mad, brah. Enjoy your trust fund. You're basically admitting you can't "put in the hours you want", either you're a complete idiot because you need to study for the LSAT for hours a day or you're just not ready for the real world. Both of which are cool by me.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 pm

armedwithamind wrote:You seem mad, brah. Enjoy your trust fund. You're basically admitting you can't "put in the hours you want", either you're a complete idiot because you need to study for the LSAT for hours a day or you're just not ready for the real world. Both of which are cool by me.

Don't hate on the pissing contest just to join in on the pissing contest :mrgreen:

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:11 am

armedwithamind wrote:
b33eazy wrote:

You seem mad, brah. Enjoy your trust fund. You're basically admitting you can't "put in the hours you want", either you're a complete idiot because you need to study for the LSAT for hours a day or you're just not ready for the real world. Both of which are cool by me.[/quote]

Well, your 2.7 can also explain to me that either you're an idiot or you can't put in the hours, or you simply can't cut it in law school due to your law GPA, etc..so... Again, making assumptions on things where you have no clue about is idiotic. Just like I can easily make an assumption that you could be an idiot because of your GPA, but I do not KNOW your situation. Just like I said you don't understand mine. .. I graduated Summa Cum Laude and getting a high LSAT score and relaxing for a few months is a good thing if I can afford it. Good luck on ur LSAT and I hope you can get into a decent law school and do well.. Because unlike you, I am not here to attack people and degrade them

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 am

I did this and got a shitty score. Good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”