Translating negative statements

lawschool2014hopeful

Translating negative statements

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any exercise that that help me to drill reading negative statements, because I am always struggling with those. E.g.., no one agree that we should turn off the radio -> everyone agrees we shouldnt turn off the radio. Is so easy, but it always trip me up a bit. I was hoping for some drilling exercises if anyone is got any!

Noblesse_Oblige

Re: Translating negative statements

Postby Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 am

jimmierock wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any exercise that that help me to drill reading negative statements, because I am always struggling with those. E.g.., no one agree that we should turn off the radio -> everyone agrees we shouldnt turn off the radio. Is so easy, but it always trip me up a bit. I was hoping for some drilling exercises if anyone is got any!

Just think about it on a daily basis. I was so LSAT oriented that when someone made any conditional statement (usually political) I would respond with the contrapositive.

Ie:
1: I told them! If we let Obama eat our food, we will be poor!
2: So if we are not poor, he did not eat your food? But we are not poor, and he DID eat our food...soooo.

Obviously an idiotic topic, but you get the point, just reverse it in your head during conversations.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”