Wrong AC

meandme

Wrong AC

Postby meandme » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 pm

What are some of the reasons why people choose a wrong AC. Most of my wrong AC come from not understanding the stim, picking an AC before reading them all, not understanding what the questions is asking for (in the older tests). Thanks for the replies in advance.

God bless

cc.celina

Re: Wrong AC

Postby cc.celina » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I know I miss a lot of strengthen and weaken questions because I extrapolate too much. I imagine reasons why some ACs MIGHT strengthen or weaken and make some far-out assumptions. Everyone makes idiosyncratic mistakes, though, you're gonna need to find yours.

Malakai

Postby Malakai » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 am

meandme wrote:What are some of the reasons why people choose a wrong AC. Most of my wrong AC come from not understanding the stim, picking an AC before reading them all, not understanding what the questions is asking for (in the older tests). Thanks for the replies in advance.

God bless

First and foremost you need to know what you are being asked for/to do. Then you can start by reading all the AC's. Understanding the stimulus is something you'll have to learn on your own tbh.

Postby 03152016 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:53 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Postby tmon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:59 am

A list off the top of my head, probably including what people have said:

-Rushing and not reading thoroughly enough or letting stress get to them and clouding their judgement.
-Not understanding what the question is asking and basically answering a different question. Happens a lot when people are inexperienced on the LG section, IME.
-Logical fallacy. Basically, making assumptions and jumps in logic that are unwarranted.
-Forgetting an important aspect of the stimulus/passage/game. This maybe isn't so common, but when it happens it's really annoying for the test taker. Now and then you'll find that, had you clearly reread one line at the beginning of the stimulus or passage, or remembered to check one basic rule or part of a game, you would've easily answered the question. With games the solution is often to calm down and stop rushing.
-Convoluted wording, leading to misunderstandings. Can happen in both the stimulus or answer choice.

That's all I can think of right now. Hope that helps.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”