What is the earliest date that... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Helicio

Bronze

What is the earliest date that...

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:25 pm

...would surprise you if you got your LSAT score back on that date? I believe we are now in the territory where it is feasible we could get our score back any day now, though we will probably not get it back until next week.

cc.celina

Silver

Re: What is the earliest date that...

Post by cc.celina » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

this is like the 8th topic about guessing when lsat scores are coming back. Learn zen people

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Helicio wrote:...would surprise you if you got your LSAT score back on that date? I believe we are now in the territory where it is feasible we could get our score back any day now, though we will probably not get it back until next week.
06/28

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Helicio wrote:...would surprise you if you got your LSAT score back on that date? I believe we are now in the territory where it is feasible we could get our score back any day now, though we will probably not get it back until next week.
06/28
It would surprise you or it would not surprise you? :O

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

cc.celina wrote:this is like the 8th topic about guessing when lsat scores are coming back. Learn zen people
My new avatar is an accurate reflection of my feelings lately.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Heli, I love ya man but you gotta chill. Go get laid or see a movie

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

MillerTheThriller wrote:Heli, I love ya man but you gotta chill. Go get laid or see a movie
tcr. Super credited if its at the same time

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Helicio wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
06/28
surprise, expect 07/02. 07/03
pissed if 07/05

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Helicio wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
06/28
surprise, expect 07/02. 07/03
pissed if 07/05
Super pissed if 7/06

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 pm

VasaVasori wrote:Here is my thought on this whole thing...

Lots of people have been saying how the trend is to get closer and closer to the actual date, and so one should expect the scores back on July 5th. But I think the extension in the scheduled release date is a response to the fact that they have been getting closer and closer to the release dates.

If you look, historically, at the scheduled release dates, the dates of the tests, and the actual release dates, the number of days after the date of the test that the scores are released is the most consistent - even more so than the number of days before the scheduled release date.

The average number of days between the scheduled release date and the actual release date would place it this Friday. Indeed, the one time LSAC scheduled a longer time to release than they did for this time (31 days was scheduled), if memory serves it only took them 17 days to release the scores. If that were the case here, we would have a release on Thursday.

I'd be surprised with a July 5th release or a release before or on this Thursday.

I'm expecting Friday, Saturday, Monday or Tuesday. Saturday and Monday strike me as the most plausible, considering all the above information.
Let me get this straight. You are talking about THIS Saturday and Monday? :shock:

NYC2012

Bronze

Post by NYC2012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Last edited by NYC2012 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 pm

VasaVasori wrote:
NYC2012 wrote:Can there even be a release on Saturday or on a holiday (4th of July, for example)? Logistically, don't there need to be people at LSAC working in order for this score release to happen? (if for no other reason than to just be there if something goes wrong, ie a server crash or something)
There has been a release on a Saturday in the past (the June 2007 admin at least).
This all basically seems to suggest that none of us have any f'ing clue when this thing will be released and for all we know we could wake up tomorrow morning with either a nice surprise from LSAC or with a brutal fat sumo ball of horribleness in our inbox.

cc.celina

Silver

Post by cc.celina » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Helicio wrote: This all basically seems to suggest that none of us have any f'ing clue when this thing will be released and for all we know we could wake up tomorrow morning with either a nice surprise from LSAC or with a brutal fat sumo ball of horribleness in our inbox.
BY JOVE HES GOT IT. will you relax now?

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:47 pm

cc.celina wrote:
Helicio wrote: This all basically seems to suggest that none of us have any f'ing clue when this thing will be released and for all we know we could wake up tomorrow morning with either a nice surprise from LSAC or with a brutal fat sumo ball of horribleness in our inbox.
BY JOVE HES GOT IT. will you relax now?
I'll try :P

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:03 pm

cc.celina wrote:
MillerTheThriller wrote:Heli, I love ya man but you gotta chill. Go get laid or see a movie
tcr. Super credited if its at the same time
Sup?

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 am

Anyone wanna give out a percentage chance that we receive our scores today? I say 5 %.

Noblesse_Oblige

New

Post by Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Helicio wrote:Anyone wanna give out a percentage chance that we receive our scores today? I say 5 %.
Well, because I like math, I decided to look at the previous release dates. Now the scheduled date say nothing really except how much time they think they will need, I checked how much time it took to release the actual scores for each previous June test. (I chose only June to be rid of any variables.)

Here were the results:
Days: 18, 19, 17, 19, 17, 17, 18, 21

These average out to about 18.25 days. So, 18.25 days from the test is this Friday the 30th.
The lowest amount of days, 17, would be this Thursday the 29th
The highest amount, 21, Next Monday the 2nd

So I predict the earliest we will see it is tomorrow, we are most likely to see it Friday or Saturday, it is possible we will see it on Monday. As long as there weren't some unusual vacation times given to the graders I think these dates seem right.

However I did notice a trend this year of taking slightly longer, so maybe we Will have to wait a few days longer, but my money is on this Friday or This Saturday.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 am

Noblesse_Oblige wrote:
Helicio wrote:Anyone wanna give out a percentage chance that we receive our scores today? I say 5 %.
Well, because I like math, I decided to look at the previous release dates. Now the scheduled date say nothing really except how much time they think they will need, I checked how much time it took to release the actual scores for each previous June test. (I chose only June to be rid of any variables.)

Here were the results:

These average out to about 18.25 days. So, 18.25 days from the test is this Friday the 30th.

So I predict the earliest we will see it is tomorrow, we are most likely to see it Friday or Saturday, it is possible we will see it on Monday. As long as there weren't some unusual vacation times given to the graders I think these dates seem right.

However I did notice a trend this year of taking slightly longer, so maybe we Will have to wait a few days longer, but my money is on this Friday or This Saturday.
It is interesting that people who count backwards from July 6 predict later dates and people who look at the average amount of time it takes to release predict earlier dates.

I think we will recieve Friday or Saturday as well, which would be awesome. I am sick of waiting. I wouldn't mind tomorrow either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Noblesse_Oblige

New

Post by Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 am

Helicio wrote:
Noblesse_Oblige wrote:

Here were the results:

It is interesting that people who count backwards from July 6 predict later dates and people who look at the average amount of time it takes to release predict earlier dates.

I think we will recieve Friday or Saturday as well, which would be awesome. I am sick of waiting. I wouldn't mind tomorrow either.
I'm not sure why that is.

But if you take the average for every test, not just June, it takes about 20 days, which would be sunday (monday). Also the average difference between scheduled and actual is 3.5 which would be monday/tuesday

So either way, I think it is very likely to be monday, but I would not be surprised if it was Friday

phillykid

New

Post by phillykid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 am

95% that it's the 2nd, 3rd or 5th. So I guess that means I'll be incredibly surprised with anything before then. In the meantime, let's just chill.

rabbitrun

Bronze

Post by rabbitrun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am

phillykid wrote:95% that it's the 2nd, 3rd or 5th. So I guess that means I'll be incredibly surprised with anything before then. In the meantime, let's just chill.
I agree. And anyway, all of ya'll should know that previous results are not indicative of future results. Thats on like every LR section ever. If you actually want to stress out, look at the trend, or just read this: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/ju ... dates.html

Now go get a drink and enjoy the last week that a number doesn't define you.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Ok guys, so tomorrow pretty much marks the first day that it is concievable we could get our scores back. Friday marks a day it is very concievable we could get them back.

Best of luck all :).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”