What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Woods
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 am

What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby Woods » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 am

I took it lsat October with a 167 and took it again in June in Asia. Given the feedbacks of other test takers, I'm worried that the curve for this one might be tight. So I'm not sure whether I should cancel. Will it hurt my chances if I got a lower score? Really don't want to risk here.
If I cancel, apply with 167 and got WL, would it be too late to take the December one?
Thanks in advance.

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 am

Woods wrote:I took it lsat October with a 167 and took it again in June in Asia. Given the feedbacks of other test takers, I'm worried that the curve for this one might be tight. So I'm not sure whether I should cancel. Will it hurt my chances if I got a lower score? Really don't want to risk here.
If I cancel, apply with 167 and got WL, would it be too late to take the December one?
Thanks in advance.


It will, very very marginally, hurt your chances to get a second, lower score, but not enough that I'd cancel based on your feelings that you might have done worse because of a tight curve (which, to me, suggests you probably scored right around your first score). If you think you dipped by more than 3 points, then I'd cancel.

If you cancel and apply with a 167, which gets you waitlisted, you will have your December score in enough time to send that information in with a LOCI to hopefully get off of the WL. Just make sure the schools know you want to be considered without that December score.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby fatduck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am

at times like these it's important to remember that no one has any fucking idea what the curve is going to be.

Woods
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 am

Re: What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby Woods » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 am

fatduck wrote:at times like these it's important to remember that no one has any fucking idea what the curve is going to be.


But June is usually less generous and I do feel lrs are relatively easy.However, the proctor disturbed me during the last five minutes of two sections and constantly made noises during one reading passage. Thus, I didn't get to check my answers and only have a very vague idea of how I actually did.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:48 am

Woods wrote:
fatduck wrote:at times like these it's important to remember that no one has any fucking idea what the curve is going to be.


But June is usually less generous and I do feel lrs are relatively easy.However, the proctor disturbed me during the last five minutes of two sections and constantly made noises during one reading passage. Thus, I didn't get to check my answers and only have a very vague idea of how I actually did.

you whine a lot.

Woods
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 am

Re: What happens if the second score is lower than the first

Postby Woods » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Woods wrote:
fatduck wrote:at times like these it's important to remember that no one has any fucking idea what the curve is going to be.


But June is usually less generous and I do feel lrs are relatively easy.However, the proctor disturbed me during the last five minutes of two sections and constantly made noises during one reading passage. Thus, I didn't get to check my answers and only have a very vague idea of how I actually did.

you whine a lot.


Probably because I have been studying for the past eight months after the October one, during which the only reading section was nearly ruined by a test taker next to me who read things out.

But I get your point, we all have to live with it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests