June 24th 2012 Abroad LSAT (undisclosed)

janwlee

Re: June 24th 2012 Abroad LSAT (undisclosed)

Postby janwlee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Last edited by janwlee on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

ESCpurple wrote:Anyone still trying to figure out which RC was experimental?

most likely your first RC is experimental

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm

maxmartin wrote:

most likely your first RC is experimental

Did you meet anyone whose experimental is not RC? Or this is based on how the RC passages feel? I mean the 2nd RC feels a lot more like those in PTs.

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 pm

janwlee wrote:Took the LSAT in Seoul as well.. and yes, the game was such a disaster. I usually finish well within time for games, but I was freaked out to find that we have 5 min remaining when i was still working on the last question of the third game. Stupid hikers.......... I skipped over to the last game which def made much more sense. I ran out of time and made pure guesses on the last 3 questions. However i'm not too confident since I was in such a rush and must have made some mistakes... -10 in the worst case senario I think. So although I agree that the rest of the test was on the easier side, I'm considering cancellation.

Many of you guys seem to be in a situation similar to mine-- are you keeping the score? why/why not?

I think canceling may not be the wise choice since the other sections are so easy that they may compensate for the LG miss. I also couldn't finish three LG questions. But if I retake, it's easy to lose these three points in other sections, esp RC. So on balance the overall result might not be much better than this one.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 am

I dont have a clue since it seems everyone had two RCs.

I hope it was the first one, I thought it was a little bit easier but both were pretty easy compared to previous tests

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 am

togepi wrote:

I hope it was the first one, I thought it was a little bit easier but both were pretty easy compared to previous tests

I heard people say the second is the real one. Some people had different RC passages in their 1st RC. But nothing is certain at this moment.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 am

janwlee wrote:Took the LSAT in Seoul as well.. and yes, the game was such a disaster. I usually finish well within time for games, but I was freaked out to find that we have 5 min remaining when i was still working on the last question of the third game. Stupid hikers.......... I skipped over to the last game which def made much more sense. I ran out of time and made pure guesses on the last 3 questions. However i'm not too confident since I was in such a rush and must have made some mistakes... -10 in the worst case senario I think. So although I agree that the rest of the test was on the easier side, I'm considering cancellation.

Many of you guys seem to be in a situation similar to mine-- are you keeping the score? why/why not?

Which room were you in? I was in 314.

I felt like the Logical Reasoning questions were really straightforward, I think out of the 50 only about 5 or so gave me any difficulty but for the most part I breezed through them. The Reading was also very straightforward and I think out of those three sections I could have possibly done very well which might compensate, or mitigate a horrible games section. I'm not going to cancel in hopes that I aced the other three sections to compensate for a -8 to -13 on the games section.

I hope all those hikers get eaten by mauve dinosaurs and die a horrible, horrible death.

agni

Postby agni » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 am

I was in room 317.

And the RCs were in different order - my experimental was the first one, but I know others who have had the experimental one come in the second half.

As for cancelling, I need the test to accurately reflect my potential at law school more so than the law school admission office in order to make the best informed decision. Since nothing happened to me that would influence the test scores other than the test itself, I am keeping the score.

I'm sure most of you are much younger and/or more certain about becoming a lawyer, so this will be a very odd reason to not cancel, especially since I am fairly sure that my score will fall below average when compared to the PTs I took.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 am

agni wrote:I was in room 317.

And the RCs were in different order - my experimental was the first one, but I know others who have had the experimental one come in the second half.

As for cancelling, I need the test to accurately reflect my potential at law school more so than the law school admission office in order to make the best informed decision. Since nothing happened to me that would influence the test scores other than the test itself, I am keeping the score.

I'm sure most of you are much younger and/or more certain about becoming a lawyer, so this will be a very odd reason to not cancel, especially since I am fairly sure that my score will fall below average when compared to the PTs I took.

So which one was experimental?

nkime

Postby nkime » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 am

togepi wrote:

My first RC was difficult compared to previous PTs, especially the first two passages.
I think our first RCs were different.

jjrialva

Postby jjrialva » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:59 am

Can anyone tell me in general what was the LG section about?

I'm a Caribbean June 11 test taker and I had the LR LG RC LR LG test. On another thread about the June 11 test it was concluded that the second LG was the real one and that LG seemed kinda easy to me. However the first LG or second section I had the exact situation you guys had. I ran out of time, had to completely guess 3 and before that I semi-guessed about 5. This makes me think it's the same section. I also thought at least 3 of them were above average difficulty.

My score completely depends on which LG section was real.

Of course you could have taken a completely different test and if that's the case let me know.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 am

jjrialva wrote:Can anyone tell me in general what was the LG section about?

I'm a Caribbean June 11 test taker and I had the LR LG RC LR LG test. On another thread about the June 11 test it was concluded that the second LG was the real one and that LG seemed kinda easy to me. However the first LG or second section I had the exact situation you guys had. I ran out of time, had to completely guess 3 and before that I semi-guessed about 5. This makes me think it's the same section. I also thought at least 3 of them were above average difficulty.

Of course you could have taken a completely different test and if that's the case let me know.

It was probably a different test. But the topics from what I remember were classes to take, hikers, something about two cooks, and I forget the last one.

capfjh

Postby capfjh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 am

togepi wrote:
jjrialva wrote:Can anyone tell me in general what was the LG section about?

It was probably a different test. But the topics from what I remember were classes to take, hikers, something about two cooks, and I forget the last one.

I do feel surprised. U can remember three of the four games. But I can't even remember one. By the way I had my test in Shanghai.

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:52 am

It seems most of the posters in this thread are tortured by the game section. However, when I walked out of the test center and asked around, most people say that they feel the game section is about the average difficulty.

If we've had a difficult game section (compared to most PTs), then it's more likely to have a lenient curve. If the game section is just average, with the super easy LRs and easy RC, the curve will be disastrous.

What do you guys think? Is the LG tougher than average or we simply bombed it, with no particular reason?

capfjh

Postby capfjh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:04 am

omegaomega wrote:It seems most of the posters in this thread are tortured by the game section. However, when I walked out of the test center and asked around, most people say that they feel the game section is about the average difficulty.

If we've had a difficult game section (compared to most PTs), then it's more likely to have a lenient curve. If the game section is just average, with the super easy LRs and easy RC, the curve will be disastrous.

What do you guys think? Is the LG tougher than average or we simply bombed it, with no particular reason?

Even though I generally did not do well in LG, I do think that the June 24 LG section is just about average difficulty. I think it's not so different from PTs.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 am

capfjh wrote:
omegaomega wrote:It seems most of the posters in this thread are tortured by the game section. However, when I walked out of the test center and asked around, most people say that they feel the game section is about the average difficulty.

Even though I generally did not do well in LG, I do think that the June 24 LG section is just about average difficulty. I think it's not so different from PTs.

I'm an engineering major, and LG is my strongest section. But after that test, my confidence is all gone. They weren't the normal game types I was used to seeing and I felt like each game was missing one rule that would make things easier. Everything was a little too undefined for me. But that's just my opinion, that the games section was way harder than usual. I could only do one of them with ease while blanking out on the other three. Usually when that happens, I only blank out on one very rarely.

ESCpurple

Postby ESCpurple » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 am

Logic games is also my strongest section, I can normally go -2/3 quite regularly. But when I sat down to sit the real thing it was nothing like the PT's. My mind totally blanked and I panicked. The end result was I had to guess the entire first game (in retrospect it was easy, but I panicked myself into skipping it to do the other three games first).

jjrialva

Postby jjrialva » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Our real LG section had something about music solos (or at least I really do hope that was the real one).

The conclusion that the Real LG was the fifth section of the LR LG RC LR LG test is almost at the bottom of this page: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186682&start=25

I think they were in fact different tests at least in part. I mean wouldn't it be dumb to have a test on June 11 and then administer the same test 2 weeks later.

I think maybe we all underestimate a lot our performance on the test because on the real LSAT our perception of the questions we might have got wrong is enhanced by adrenaline. On my Preptests I just chill move on and have no idea how many questions I think I got wrong. On the other hand, I walked out on June LSAT knowing I had some I wasn't sure about and it freaked me out.

When do you guys get your scores?

A MAJORITY of posts I have seen about this test express that people felt this LSAT JUST FELT DIFFERENT from others. From the MIX of LR questions to the feeling of doing late 1990 early 2000 LG section.

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 am

Scores came out for the US test takers. Their curve was -10 for a 170.

I can't wait another two weeks

Woods

Postby Woods » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Guesses on when will the score come out?

togepi

Postby togepi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:49 am

Hopefully this week so I can stop freaking out and either celebrate or crack open the books again

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:59 am

I've started scouting for retaking tips...

togepi

Postby togepi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:01 am

Yeah, I know regardless I'm going to retake in October (no reason not to)

But I just hope my June score isn't so bad and that it at least gets me into a few schools that I've been looking at.

I need to crush it in October though.

wu-01

Postby wu-01 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 am

It says on the LSAC website we get our results emailed on the 18th of July. But do they release the results on the website earlier than that?

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 am

I think the June 11th people might have gotten theirs early. I'm ready for the rest of my week to be ruined

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”