Anybody Studying for the LSAT in Seoul?

cc.celina

Re: Anybody Studying for the LSAT in Seoul?

Postby cc.celina » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 pm

OP can do whatever he wants with his study group criteria. But pickin's in Seoul are slim, I'm sure, and--as is clear from the response in this thread--it ain't gonna win him many friends, is all we're sayin.

If OP had said, "I want to form a group of people who are probably going to get into HYS," then this criteria would make more sense. But "I want to form a group of people who want to, and will, do well on the LSAT" is a different story.

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
Care to share what else you'd do/feel as an administrator at HYS if you saw a 3.0 cancer applicant with a 180? I'm sure you'd argue you it all the way to the dean, then write an article to NYTimes/WSJ saying how unfair we are to cancer applicants who can't meet HYS gpa requirements, and maybe throw a balloon party for the cancer victim after you've convinced everyone to accept them.

Um, I can't say what I'd do as a HYS admin. But, I can say that if I was trying to set up a study group I wouldn't say, "hey, I know you've been getting a 180 on all your pt's, guy who had cancer in UG, but that 3.0 GPA is going to keep you out of HYS, so you're not of our caliber and you're not welcome."

If your group's criteria strictly follows HYS admission criteria, then you will keep the cancer patient out of your group.

Fuck you, seriously.

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 pm

aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
Care to share what else you'd do/feel as an administrator at HYS if you saw a 3.0 cancer applicant with a 180? I'm sure you'd argue you it all the way to the dean, then write an article to NYTimes/WSJ saying how unfair we are to cancer applicants who can't meet HYS gpa requirements, and maybe throw a balloon party for the cancer victim after you've convinced everyone to accept them.

Um, I can't say what I'd do as a HYS admin. But, I can say that if I was trying to set up a study group I wouldn't say, "hey, I know you've been getting a 180 on all your pt's, guy who had cancer in UG, but that 3.0 GPA is going to keep you out of HYS, so you're not of our caliber and you're not welcome."

If your group's criteria strictly follows HYS admission criteria, then you will keep the cancer patient out of your group.

Fuck you, seriously.

OK, I'm sorry you are so emotional about this. Like I said, if you care to the change the system, I'm all for you to transform your emotional energy into a campaign against discriminating-against-lower-GPAs-due-to-extenuating-circumstances. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of the GPA floors, and I think those who juggle cancer with school are amazing people.

Postby 03152016 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Applying_Late wrote:Like I said, if you care to the change the system, I'm all for you to transform your emotional energy into a campaign against discriminating-against-lower-GPAs-due-to-extenuating-circumstances.

No one cares about this. The OP is not an adcom. You are arguing about the wrong thing.

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 pm

This trolling is pretty good, I'd say its 175 level.

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:

Fuck you, seriously.

OK, I'm sorry you are so emotional about this. Like I said, if you care to the change the system, I'm all for you to transform your emotional energy into a campaign against discriminating-against-lower-GPAs-due-to-extenuating-circumstances. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of the GPA floors, and I think those who juggle cancer with school are amazing people.

Yes, it's clearly the admissions standards at HYS that are the problem. You CLEARLY think people who juggle cancer and school are amazing. How else could you condescend to them so well? Or know about all the balloon parties?

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 pm

cc.celina wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:Like I said, if you care to the change the system, I'm all for you to transform your emotional energy into a campaign against discriminating-against-lower-GPAs-due-to-extenuating-circumstances.

No one cares about this. The OP is not an adcom. You are arguing about the wrong thing.

I was arguing about something else. As to what the OP wants to do, we have no idea at this point. I take it that the OP wants HYS gunners, and if that's the case, then 3.7+ and 175+ candidates are the only ones that qualify for his group. Thus, this excludes victims who are below the floors of HYS. And just for fun, if my assumption is correct, then those who don't think it's fair for a group to follow the criteria of HYS stats should campaign against it.

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

aekea wrote:
Yes, it's clearly the admissions standards at HYS that are the problem. You CLEARLY think people who juggle cancer and school are amazing. How else could you condescend to them so well? Or know about all the balloon parties?

I don't know admins at all. I only see the statistics and the floors. I do think that people who juggle cancer with anything else are amazing because it's a terrible disease (if we can call it that). I don't know how one can *condescend* to cancer patients. As for the balloon parties, well, I don't know much about them, but I'm sure that you probably have better ideas as to what you would do after you win your campaign against schools who discriminate against them.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 pm

I just can't.

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm

cc.celina wrote:I just can't.

I can possibly help you with what you cannot do. Just tell me what it is that you cannot do.

abc12345675

Postby abc12345675 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 pm

OP- You're in freakin' Korea. Don't be so picky!

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:

I don't know admins at all. I only see the statistics and the floors. I do think that people who juggle cancer with anything else are amazing because it's a terrible disease (if we can call it that). I don't know how one can *condescend* to cancer patients. As for the balloon parties, well, I don't know much about them, but I'm sure that you probably have better ideas as to what you would do after you win your campaign against schools who discriminate against them.

I want to respond to this, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. So I'll just say, fuck schools that discriminate against balloon parties. Have you no heart?

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:23 pm

aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:

I want to respond to this, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. So I'll just say, fuck schools that discriminate against balloon parties. Have you no heart?

Of course I have a heart, and I've witnessed cancer first hand, but that shouldn't even come into this picture. I'm just saying that if there are floors for certain things, then no excuse will break them for an extreme.

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:

Of course I have a heart, and I've witnessed cancer first hand, but that shouldn't even come into this picture. I'm just saying that if there are floors for certain things, then no excuse will break them for an extreme.

I wasn't talking to you, Applying_Late. I was clearly addressing schools that discriminate against balloon parties.

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 pm

aekea wrote:I wasn't talking to you, Applying_Late. I was clearly addressing schools that discriminate against balloon parties.

May I correct you to say that HYS probably doesn't discriminate against balloon parties, but may discriminate against cancer patients who have a 180 but are way below their GPA floor?

I don't know about other schools though. I just wanted to correct the record about HYS.

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:I wasn't talking to you, Applying_Late. I was clearly addressing schools that discriminate against balloon parties.

May I correct you to say that HYS probably doesn't discriminate against balloon parties, but may discriminate against cancer patients who have a 180 but are way below their GPA floor?

You may not. I've already made campaign buttons. You've started an avalanche, Applying_Late, and it cannot be undone.

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm

aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:

You may not. I've already made campaign buttons. You've started an avalanche, Applying_Late, and it cannot be undone.

Can I get one of these campaign buttons? I would be a proud member of your team.

aekea

Postby aekea » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Applying_Late wrote:
aekea wrote:
Applying_Late wrote:

Can I get one of these campaign buttons? I would be a proud member of your team.

Sure!

To join the campaign you should be ambidextrous, have synesthesia and be able to run a 6 minute mile.

PM me or reply if interested!

Applying_Late

Postby Applying_Late » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm

aekea wrote:
To join the campaign you should be ambidextrous, have synesthesia and be able to run a 6 minute mile.

PM me or reply if interested!

Shit! I only have two of three. I guess I cannot be included, but if I can't get campaign buttons, I promise to spread the word!

Systematic1

Postby Systematic1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm

This thread is out of control. Clearly, OP isn't coming back. Can somebody lock it up?

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Clearly OP is sleeping. What was your GPA if you don't even know time zones? 3.5??

desichhori

Postby desichhori » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 am

Okay Im in! I am aiming for the December LSAT! Anyone interested pm me.. I live in Seoul.... Thanks

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”