Better at advanced linear games than basic...wth

emkd26

Better at advanced linear games than basic...wth

Postby emkd26 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey guys.
I am working through the lg bible right now. I just finished the advanced linear games. I took those practice games without looking through the chapter and missed one out of them total. Now on the Basic linear games chapter I was majorly sucking. Not sure what gives. Has anyone else had this happen? If so how should I go about improving my basic linear games?? I was getting so frustrated. Maybe it's just not my day

CardozoLaw09

Re: Better at advanced linear games than basic...wth

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Not gonna lie that's a bit weird. The basic linear games are meant to be a stepping stone for advanced linear games so I'm sure it's something that can be remedied rather quickly given your performance in advanced linear games. It's basically the same concept except there's an another element to the advanced games. I wouldn't worry about it too much - definitely something that can be corrected rather easily.

emkd26

Postby emkd26 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok. It probably was that I was working on it in the middle of a busy panera. I thought it was the opposite of what I'd be expecting to see. I'll just keep practicing them. In a semi quiet place next time.

kaseyb002

Postby kaseyb002 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

It sounds like you are just starting out so I wouldn't make too big a stink things yet.

That being said, I think there are two types of lg skills: general and specific.

Since your advanced linear games came after the basic linear games, perhaps it's a result of you getting good at games in general.

I would look try some more basic linear questions to see if it's something specific to the game type or if it was just you getting used to logic games in general.

BalanceCare

Postby BalanceCare » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 pm

you're way too early in the process to worry about this. you'll want to finish the basics and complete 5 or 10 timed sections at least, so you have a decently sized sample to draw conclusions from. then you can determine if you have weaknesses and consider a different approach if necessary.

so take it easy!

Noitaraperp

Postby Noitaraperp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 am

That's actually not so surprising. Advanced linear games often have lots of rules, creating limitations quickly, such as large blocks. Basic linear games can often be really tricky, with sequencing rules reusing certain pieces, with conditional sequencing rules confusing the situation, etc.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”