Help Studying for October Retake

Charlie.Home

Help Studying for October Retake

Postby Charlie.Home » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I took the June LSAT, and I know I am going to retake in October.

To prepare for the exam I took the Testmasters live course (meeting 2 to 4 times per week for the three months leading up to the exam), took about 12 PTs (8 self-timed and 4 proctored), and had the time to read about 1/2 of the material in the LG and RC Powerscore bibles. Before the exam I was scoring 160-165 on PTs.

How would you recommend proceeding in my preparation from here? I believe I have a firm grasp on deciphering the question promps and knowing what to look for given each question type. On the June exam I was forced to guess on 1 question on each LR section without reading the question because lack of time (which is normal for me). Do you think I should read Powerscore/Manhattan books and PTs or just PTs? or some other plan of attack? I want to score 170 (or closer to 170) on the October exam, and thank you for any advice you may have. If you would like any more specific information on my specific situation please do not hesitate to ask.

maxmartin

Re: Help Studying for October Retake

Postby maxmartin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Charlie.Home wrote:I took the June LSAT, and I know I am going to retake in October.

To prepare for the exam I took the Testmasters live course (meeting 2 to 4 times per week for the three months leading up to the exam), took about 12 PTs (8 self-timed and 4 proctored), and had the time to read about 1/2 of the material in the LG and RC Powerscore bibles. Before the exam I was scoring 160-165 on PTs.

How would you recommend proceeding in my preparation from here? I believe I have a firm grasp on deciphering the question promps and knowing what to look for given each question type. On the June exam I was forced to guess on 1 question on each LR section without reading the question because lack of time (which is normal for me). Do you think I should read Powerscore/Manhattan books and PTs or just PTs? or some other plan of attack? I want to score 170 (or closer to 170) on the October exam, and thank you for any advice you may have. If you would like any more specific information on my specific situation please do not hesitate to ask.

i would suggest changing to another test prep company, it will give you some new perspectives to help you improve your score

Malakai

Re: Help Studying for October Retake

Postby Malakai » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Charlie.Home wrote: had the time to read about 1/2 of the material in the LG and RC Powerscore bibles. Before the exam I was scoring 160-165 on PTs.

How would you recommend proceeding in my preparation from here?

I would suggest taking at least 10 more PT's while working with the Simugator: LSAT Proctor DVD (this thing was awesome, and was pretty cheap on Amazon. Seems as though there are a somewhat good number of high-scorers who have used it). In addition, you could consider finishing the LG Bible. As for RC, there seem to be a higher number of TLS users favoring the Manhattan (Atlas) RC bible vs. Powerscore bible.

Honestly with such a few amount of PT's completed, and with diags in the mid-160's; you could see the 170's easy if you complete and properly learn from the material that another 20 preptests would offer. Best of luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”