Paranoia about misbubbling Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Helicio

Bronze

Paranoia about misbubbling

Post by Helicio » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I have absolutely no reason to think I misbubbled in June but this doubt keeps coming up persistently. Is this happening to anyone else?

Any way we can rationalize that the likelihood of misbubbling is probably pretty small?

Samara

Gold

Re: Paranoia about misbubbling

Post by Samara » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Helicio wrote:I have absolutely no reason to think I misbubbled in June but this doubt keeps coming up persistently. Is this happening to anyone else?

Any way we can rationalize that the likelihood of misbubbling is probably pretty small?
If you're worried, request a hand-grading. They've been known to adjust for obvious mis-bubbling.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Samara wrote:
Helicio wrote:I have absolutely no reason to think I misbubbled in June but this doubt keeps coming up persistently. Is this happening to anyone else?

If you're worried, request a hand-grading. They've been known to adjust for obvious mis-bubbling.
Can we request this now or do we have to wait after we get the score? I might just do it now lol

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Helicio wrote:
Samara wrote:

Can we request this now or do we have to wait after we get the score? I might just do it now lol
Not sure, but I think you can request it before score release. It will delay your score a bit.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Samara wrote:
Helicio wrote:
Samara wrote:

Not sure, but I think you can request it before score release. It will delay your score a bit.
I'll probably wait then and see if anything seems to be up. We can tell on our own with the PDFs and such, or am I wrong?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:28 pm

You don't need that. Just forget about the LSAT for the next few weeks and enjoy your summer.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:29 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:You don't need that. Just forget about the LSAT for the next few weeks and enjoy your summer.
So hard to do my mang

BearState

Bronze

Post by BearState » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I found a thousand things to worry about, none of it came true. It really helps to have some project or work to focus on.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:36 pm

in disclosed test, you will get a copy of your scantron, you will know for sure misbubble happened or not

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I think I'll continue to work on the first draft of my PS to take my mind off LSAT. Any takers for helping me edit the first draft? :)

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Had it not been for my lovely fire alarm I would probably be basking in paranoia with you, Helicio.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I had a small misbubbling error on the exam. I had never ever done that before on PTs. Fortunately, I recognized right away that I had skipped a question and fixed it quickly.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:51 am

I am now! Thanks bud!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sjwest

Bronze

Post by sjwest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:

I am now! Thanks bud!
+2

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:

I am now! Thanks bud!

yea thanks a lot

Taus11

New

Post by Taus11 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Helicio is the most neurotic person this forum has ever seen, and there are many out here

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Taus11 wrote:Helicio is the most neurotic person this forum has ever seen, and there are many out here
*58 posts?

Tell us about the TLS posters of the past*

To be read as condescending wonka meme

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Taus11 wrote:Helicio is the most neurotic person this forum has ever seen, and there are many out here
This post is about misbubbling, a fear many people have. When others make posts about what they will be eating on LSAT test day and such, I dunno how you came to this conclusion.

Justify the Conclusion for me?

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 pm

mewalke1 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:

I am now! Thanks bud!

yea thanks a lot
haha sry bros

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 pm

You should, once finished with a section, quickly go over the test to make sure you bubbled it correctly. I did this and I haven't the slightest worry that I misbubbled.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 pm

The only cases I've heard of hand grading having any benefit is if say you did very well on 3 sections and on the fourth section you missed like 19 in a row, yet moving all of the answers up one row would result in missing only one or whatnot. In other words it has to be pretty damn clear you screwed an entire section and not that you just accidentally bubbled the wrong answer a couple of times.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BearState

Bronze

Post by BearState » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

2014 wrote:The only cases I've heard of hand grading having any benefit is if say you did very well on 3 sections and on the fourth section you missed like 19 in a row, yet moving all of the answers up one row would result in missing only one or whatnot. In other words it has to be pretty damn clear you screwed an entire section and not that you just accidentally bubbled the wrong answer a couple of times.
LSAC would give you the higher score in the case bolded if you asked for hand grading? I find that incredible.

rabbitrun

Bronze

Post by rabbitrun » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:13 pm

2014 wrote:The only cases I've heard of hand grading having any benefit is if say you did very well on 3 sections and on the fourth section you missed like 19 in a row, yet moving all of the answers up one row would result in missing only one or whatnot. In other words it has to be pretty damn clear you screwed an entire section and not that you just accidentally bubbled the wrong answer a couple of times.
I don't think this is right. I thought hand grading was more for bubbles that were half filled or what not.
I'm probably going to have to get mine hand graded. I kept scribbling in some change as the proctor called TIME, scaring me half to death, pencil going everywhere.

Helicio

Bronze

Post by Helicio » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 pm

rabbitrun wrote:
I don't think this is right. I thought hand grading was more for bubbles that were half filled or what not.
I'm probably going to have to get mine hand graded. I kept scribbling in some change as the proctor called TIME, scaring me half to death, pencil going everywhere.
Yeah I am worried about the same thing. Like, I am not worried that I bubbled for the wrong questions, just that I didn't fill in the circles enough and such.

So I'll wait for my score then request a hand grading if something seems wrong.

I also am worried that since I bubbled in the answer sheet while it was sitting on my test booklet, the circles won't be dark enough.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

BearState wrote:
LSAC would give you the higher score in the case bolded if you asked for hand grading? I find that incredible.
I've seen multiple people over the years claim that happened, but again it would have to be so painstakingly obvious and even then probably isn't a sure thing.

As for the like half bubbling deal, I think we would all be surprised at how good of a job the machines do. I would only worry about it if you erased a lot and had a really really shitty eraser. If you get your results back and the sheet says you marked something down, I'd be almost certain that is what you marked down.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”