PT 1-7 logical reasoning representitive?

BillsFan9907

PT 1-7 logical reasoning representitive?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Is it just me, or do the logical reasoning questions from PT 1-7 seem to mirror the difficulty of the post June 2007 logical reasoning questions?

dowu

Re: PT 1-7 logical reasoning representitive?

Postby dowu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Seoulless wrote:Is it just me, or do the logical reasoning questions from PT 1-7 seem to mirror the difficulty of the post June 2007 logical reasoning questions?

Its just you. The general consensus is that the LR section during the earlier PTs is more convoluted - LSAC seems to have tightened up the arguments in the newer tests.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:03 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
Seoulless wrote:Is it just me, or do the logical reasoning questions from PT 1-7 seem to mirror the difficulty of the post June 2007 logical reasoning questions?

Its just you. The general consensus is that the LR section during the earlier PTs is more convoluted - LSAC seems to have tightened up the arguments in the newer tests.

Thankfully. Many fewer "wtf" moments.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 am

nmop_apisdn wrote:

Wow, really? I thought the general consensus was that the games got easier and the logical reasoning got slightly harder. At any rate, you're saying that if you can do really good on the early LR's then you should be in more than good shape for the new ones?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 am

Seoulless wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:

Wow, really? I thought the general consensus was that the games got easier and the logical reasoning got slightly harder. At any rate, you're saying that if you can do really good on the early LR's then you should be in more than good shape for the new ones?

No one can predict this. People have different strengths and weaknesses. Games are currently average in difficulty. Reading Comp is much harder. LR is written clearer, but is not necessarily easier for everyone. LR is now more likely to hinge on just a word or two (answer choices look very similar). In the distant past, it was more about wading through the BS to find the common sense answer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”