Reading Comprehension Guide: Powerscore or Manhattan guide?

paulmartinez

Reading Comprehension Guide: Powerscore or Manhattan guide?

Postby paulmartinez » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 am

I need some RC help, both these guides seem to be the most favorably reviewed, not keen on buying both though. Any thoughts as to which one is better would be appreciated. Thanks.

DaRascal

Re: Reading Comprehension Guide: Powerscore or Manhattan guide?

Postby DaRascal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 am

I liked PowerScore's VIEWSTAMP method but I think RC really comes down to reading ability, keeping track of important information, and going with your instincts when you answer the questions.

unitball

Postby unitball » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 am

manhattan guide helped me tremendously. I have turtle slow reading ability, and before using the guide i couldn't make it to the 4th passage. Now I can usually finished right on time or maybe have 2 questions left over, and it helped me increase my accuracy hugely. I dont know how the power score guide is written, but the manhattan one has breakdowns of what you should be thinking at certain parts of the passage. the authors spelling out the thought process in "real time" going through the passage was a massive help.

edit: i forgot to mention. the manhattan guide is only going to be helpful if you're already familiar with the formal and argumentative logic needed for the LR sections. If you're not reasonably comfortable with the logic needed to answer LR questions, then you're going to have a hard time drawing much benefit from this guide because it assumes you're already pretty familiar with it.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:27 am

Manhattan

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”