LSAC SUPERPREP...HUH?!

gellisc

LSAC SUPERPREP...HUH?!

Postby gellisc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Ok, is it just me or is the language/wording used in the superprep book a bit....weird? It seems to not be as fluid as powerscore. Im just wondering if anyone else has felt this or do I just need a bit more sleep?
Gellisc

odutayo2

Re: LSAC SUPERPREP...HUH?!

Postby odutayo2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 pm

I used both. I didnt think the wording in the superprep was weird, but I did feel like powerscore explained things in a way that they were easier and quicker to absorb. If you think you might need some rest, then maybe you do. If you want to study from both though, I'd suggest reading the powerscore first, then the superprep. At least then it'll make whatever new material you can pull out of the superprep a little easier to grasp for you. I'm not sure if the superprep helped much for me, since i used the combination, but im sure it didnt hurt. Powerscore definitely helped a lot though. Good luck studying!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

odutayo2 wrote:I didnt think the wording in the superprep was weird, but I did feel like powerscore explained things in a way that they were easier and quicker to absorb.

The SuperPrep is written by people who test and write the exam questions; the PS books are written by people who teach those questions. Different focus.

The SuperPrep should be used as a window into the minds of the test's creators. As such, it's invaluable. As a straight up, this-is-how-to-learn-the-test book, less useful.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:13 pm

The superprep is very dense. Useful to see how the test writers think, but not always practical. The difficulty ratings are neat, since it's the only LSAT book which has official LSAC ratings.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”