Need Help.

BroadStBully724
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Need Help.

Postby BroadStBully724 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Little background on situation:

I've taken five full LSAT tests in my time. 3 PT's and 2 actual registered exams.
Received a 159 last february. Just took the June 2012 test. Don't really know how to describe how I feel about it. Breakdown like this- 25% I did worse, 50% chance I performed very similar to first test, 25% chance I performed better. Again, these are very rough estimates. I plan on applying to schools like Temple, Villanova, Pitt. Maybe a few "reaches" as well.
But I need help on what I should do with this June exam. Would a score any lower than a 159 seriously (actually by any degree) hurt my chances at these regional schools? Would you cancel or roll the dice on this second attempt?

Secondary question- I plan on applying early September to all of my schools. Would taking the December exam be a good idea since I could possibly leverage a higher score to the schools who have accepted me...schools that I am wait listed, denied?
I'm sorry about all of these questions. My family/friends know nothing about law schools and the admission process. TLS is probably my single biggest resource for all things law school.

User avatar
Gwen
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Need Help.

Postby Gwen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 pm

BroadStBully724 wrote:Little background on situation:

I've taken five full LSAT tests in my time. 3 PT's and 2 actual registered exams.
Received a 159 last february. Just took the June 2012 test. Don't really know how to describe how I feel about it. Breakdown like this- 25% I did worse, 50% chance I performed very similar to first test, 25% chance I performed better. Again, these are very rough estimates. I plan on applying to schools like Temple, Villanova, Pitt. Maybe a few "reaches" as well.
But I need help on what I should do with this June exam. Would a score any lower than a 159 seriously (actually by any degree) hurt my chances at these regional schools? Would you cancel or roll the dice on this second attempt?

Secondary question- I plan on applying early September to all of my schools. Would taking the December exam be a good idea since I could possibly leverage a higher score to the schools who have accepted me...schools that I am wait listed, denied?
I'm sorry about all of these questions. My family/friends know nothing about law schools and the admission process. TLS is probably my single biggest resource for all things law school.

Only 3 PTs? How long did you study?

BroadStBully724
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Need Help.

Postby BroadStBully724 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Studied January to mid February with a Testmasters course. Loved the structure of the class. Improved quite a bit in the six weeks (although from these forums, 6 weeks does not seem like enough time).

Took a month off while I moved across the country...got two part time jobs in the new city blah blah blah. Studied rather inconsistently between April and June. Did not take any PT's but I did "study". Felt confident I improved at least somewhat in my abilities.

Any suggestions about the cancellation?

User avatar
Gwen
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Need Help.

Postby Gwen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 pm

BroadStBully724 wrote:Studied January to mid February with a Testmasters course. Loved the structure of the class. Improved quite a bit in the six weeks (although from these forums, 6 weeks does not seem like enough time).

Took a month off while I moved across the country...got two part time jobs in the new city blah blah blah. Studied rather inconsistently between April and June. Did not take any PT's but I did "study". Felt confident I improved at least somewhat in my abilities.

Any suggestions about the cancellation?

I'm not sure whether you should cancel or not but I am sure that you should see some improvement if you stick to a regular study schedule and study for more than 6 weeks.

Why are you only considering schools like temple? Are you looking for $$$$ or do you have a shitty GPA?

BroadStBully724
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Need Help.

Postby BroadStBully724 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Parents/grandparents are taking care of tuition. I will be dealing with rent/living expenses most probably. I love Philadelphia and would like to stay here. GPA is in the 3.35 arena (LSAC really messed it up).

BroadStBully724
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Need Help.

Postby BroadStBully724 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Nobody has been in a similar position out there? :lol:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, BobBoblaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, Micdiddy and 7 guests