How many questions do you know you got wrong?

UtilityMonster

How many questions do you know you got wrong?

Postby UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

I am dead certain that I missed one particular question, but theoretically it is possible I could have gotten the rest correct. I have been slapping myself in the face for this all yesterday and today, especially because the curve isn't going to be generous and the question was the 2nd LR question in the section... and if I had five seconds more on the exam I would have been able to change it (I was just about to change it right as time was called).

On December I was not sure that I had gotten any questions wrong, and I got a 169. I guess that means I got a 168 this time???

What about you guys: how many questions are you certain you got wrong? Have you been extremely pissed about it? I'm trying to practice stoicism and realize that I cannot change the past, and yet... I am PO'd!

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micdiddy

Re: How many questions do you know you got wrong?

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Not 100% sure, but one tough parallel LR I am about 90% sure I got wrong.
Besides that don't know.

Betharl

Postby Betharl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm almost positive I missed an LR question that probably wasn't even that hard. The frustrating thing is that, like 10 minutes after the test, that question popped up in my head and I realized I had picked the wrong answer. I think I subconciously knew I was picking the wrong answer at the time and that I should have picked the other answer I was looking at, or else why would it have suddenly been so cyrstal clear to me after the test?

I'm also annoyed becase I feel like I'm consistent on LR, meaning if I were to take the same LR section for the first time on different occasions I would probably pick the same answers (same right answers, same wrong answers, etc). That is not the case on LG, which I usually go -0 on, but there's always a 10-20% chance I screw up a rule or just freeze up and end up going -4. I never thought I'd blow it on LR, but I just felt like I was in a daze for those sections.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Questions I remember I thought I did wrong:

1. One of the questions asking about author's attitude in RC
2. The first question in my first LR section - :oops:
3. The pianist problem in my LG - I guessed 3 of them by guessing all "D" - ran out of time.

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Betharl wrote:The frustrating thing is that, like 10 minutes after the test, that question popped up in my head and I realized I had picked the wrong answer.

Yeah, the entire writing section I was ruminating about the question. Fortunately it didn't happen in an earlier section, or else it might have negatively affected my score.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris9152

Postby chris9152 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm

"Knowing" you got questions wrong or knowing that you guessed on questions, while potentially distressing after the fact, is hardly a reliable indicator of performance. Often it seems to come down to general pacing and concentration, on how well you did on the questions which didn't catch your eye as particularly difficult the first time through.

Don't beat yourself up. Barring strong external factors one way or the other, you probably scored comparably on this test to your previous practice tests.

TheRainMan

Postby TheRainMan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:13 pm

This is a horrible, horrible topic. Why would you ever want to talk about these things... let alone read what other people got wrong and have it remind you of something that you might have gotten wrong.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Definitely got 1 wrong on LG. Realized the mistake with about 10 seconds left and didn't have time to change it on my bubble sheet. LR was tough for me, but hard to predict. I could be anywhere from -0 to -5 on each section. I'm fairly confident I didn't miss more than 3 on RC. Luckily, I thought LG was pretty average, so it's very possible that my one mistake is my only wrong answer.

hereyago

Postby hereyago » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Definitely got about 3 wrong in RC. About 2 in LR.

So -5 guaranteed. Hopefully -0 in everywhere else... I hope god doesn't forsake me :cry:

EDIT: Most likely I got a lot more wrong in RC. Maybe -6 or -7 there... I literally blanked out after reading each passage.

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I somehow had extra time after finishing RC and went back to the first passage and just starting looking over my answers. I had gotten the second question wrong there as well. Evidently I just start out each section so nervous that I perform incompetently at the beginning, which is a shame.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

chris9152 wrote:"Knowing" you got questions wrong or knowing that you guessed on questions, while potentially distressing after the fact, is hardly a reliable indicator of performance. Often it seems to come down to general pacing and concentration, on how well you did on the questions which didn't catch your eye as particularly difficult the first time through.

Don't beat yourself up. Barring strong external factors one way or the other, you probably scored comparably on this test to your previous practice tests.

I was just telling you the questions I know I got wrong, I did not try to make a reliable estimation where my missing can go.

darkgrayclouds

Postby darkgrayclouds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:44 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:I am dead certain that I missed one particular question, but theoretically it is possible I could have gotten the rest correct. I have been slapping myself in the face for this all yesterday and today, especially because the curve isn't going to be generous and the question was the 2nd LR question in the section... and if I had five seconds more on the exam I would have been able to change it (I was just about to change it right as time was called).

Just out of curiosity, what was the subject matter of the question you're referring to? (Not the type of LR question, just the generic subject matter). It seems like multiple people had difficulty with the second question of one of the LR sections, but I can't seem to recall that question.

sgt101st

Postby sgt101st » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Q17 on the LG, the one with Zones. The vague wording of the question got me, even though I had the information right and all. The use of the word "with" without any other qualifiers got me, because literally ever time a question stem from the PT had asked for that type of answer, it had other qualifiers with it.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I think I got Q11 wrong of my LG, but I might have guessed it right. It was a stupid question anyway.

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:12 pm

espressocream wrote:101

And the writing sample

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't even really remember any of the questions any more.

giantwhale3798

Postby giantwhale3798 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Come on! Why not think of something that could make you happier?
For example, think about you got more than 80 questions right.
Besides, it's something in the past and you could do nothing to change it.
Relax, LSAT, Law School are just part of your life. There's something much more worthwhile to think of.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:43 am

You idiots are really making me worry about the curve. "I know I got 2 wrong, but the rest I'm sure I got right", am I the only one who thinks were doing to see an unusually high curve (for june).. I see at least a 10...that test wasn't easy by comparison to recent junes, but you kids talking about "oh noes, I got 4 wrong" type shit is making me worry.

Also, I've already pieced together all four games, and got 3 wrong.

IgosduIkana

Postby IgosduIkana » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am

giantwhale3798 wrote:Come on! Why not think of something that could make you happier?
For example, think about you got more than 80 questions right.
Besides, it's something in the past and you could do nothing to change it.
Relax, LSAT, Law School are just part of your life. There's something much more worthwhile to think of.

This is superb advice. I will try my best to remember this when test time comes October for me. Your enthusiasm and outlook is appreciated!

Noitaraperp

Postby Noitaraperp » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

The RC was tough. There was a standard common element type of question on the fingerprints passage that held me up, and there was also something about what was likely to happen in the printing passage that held me up. Jazz also had some sort of confusing ones, like the main point or something.

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am

I don't know any I got wrong for sure, which is highly encouraging.

We'll see what happens once I get the test back though :O.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I keep alternating between "It's over, and there's nothing I can do about it now" to OMG OMG OMG I SCREWED THAT WHOLE TEST UP. And I keep going over in my head hypotheticals about how many questions I've gotten wrong.

exactly

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”