velocity/blueprint/manhattan online classes Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
desiballa21

Bronze

velocity/blueprint/manhattan online classes

Post by desiballa21 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Anyone have any information on these? I was scoring consistently in the 165-167 range but to be honest, I always gave myself an extra 30 seconds or so to finish. I know, terrible. Cancelling yesterday's LSAT and getting ready to give it a go for October. I think I have the basics down but just need that extra instruction to break into the high 160's+. It would have to be an online class. Looking forward to your insights and experiences. Thanks.

glucose101

Bronze

Re: velocity/blueprint/manhattan online classes

Post by glucose101 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

VLSAT really helped me. I think it could add a couple of points to your range (and get rid of your usage of an extra 30 secs). Check out his sample vids to see if it's for you.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

I used Velocity and loved it. I don't sing its praises so much around here anymore since the trolls would come out whenever I brought up how solid of a product it is, but really, if you sign up with Velocity you won't regret it; it's a great class and Dave is a fantastic teacher.

hereyago

Bronze

Post by hereyago » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

glucose101 wrote:VLSAT really helped me. I think it could add a couple of points to your range (and get rid of your usage of an extra 30 secs). Check out his sample vids to see if it's for you.
hey glucose, october is your retake right?

i'm going to retake on oct and i was wondering if you had a good prep schedule. i am trying to create a study schedule but i don't know what to do really.

EDIT: OP, velocity and manhattan are both good. I like manhattan books a lot more though.

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Awesome! Thanks y'all. I'm going to check them all out and hopefully come to a decision after my 2 week time off from the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 pm

hereyago wrote: hey glucose, october is your retake right?
i'm going to retake on oct and i was wondering if you had a good prep schedule. i am trying to create a study schedule but i don't know what to do really.

EDIT: OP, velocity and manhattan are both good. I like manhattan books a lot more though.

Correct, I'm writing in Oct. I don't have a good prep schedule per se, mostly bc I've rescheduled the exam (and wrote once actually) so many that I just drill and review old material at this point; I have a handle on the LSAT. Honestly, if you get familiar with question types, the actual thing should be smooth sailing.

naillsat

Bronze

Post by naillsat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 pm

I think I'm kind of in a similar boat as OP, I have been self-studying for about 5 months, but still cannot break 170 consistently with the PT average 165. I am desperately trying to get a 172+, so I wonder if you guys recommend taking a prep course like those in the title of this topic or should I keep self-study with more review review reviews? if I take velocity, their comprehensive package seem to give more bangs for the bucks, is it still helpful to people who already got 165 or 166 and want to score 172+?

yesterday was my first take of LSAT, if I don't score what I wanted, I'll definitely think about hiring a private tutor or prep course....

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am

How are the texts for Velocity? Does it give specific strategies for the different LR types?

Noblesse_Oblige

New

Post by Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am

Velocity is great. Not only do the texts break down each question (on every section) there are videos that further break them down (with examples). LR was the easiest for me thanks to Velocity. I usually managed a -2 to -0. Velocity teaches you to read the question, learn the question type, and then a lot of the times you can answer the question without reading the passage (don't do this, because come on that is just tempting fate) but yeah, LR is a cake walk after Velocity. LG is also really easy (I just always take my time, then run out of time) But on LG when I don't run out of time I was able to get between -2 and -0. (For me RC was always an issue of -8 to -0 lol, I just could never stay focused)

Anyway I definitely recommend Velocity. I used the Comprehensive package and barely studied (I kept restarting because I was slacking and pushing it off. I started at the 16 week program, then restarted at the 12 week program, then again at the 7 week program, I didn't actually take any PTs until 2 weeks before the test) However, before I bought velocity I took a Diagnostic and scored a 163 (I was lax on the time, so it probably should have been lower) But my highest (out of 4) PTs was a 173. So I advanced quite a bit, even with my horrid study habits. (In my defense, I have a full time job and school). So if you take Velocity and follow the schedule and work hard to fully understand the material, I truly believe you could score a 176-180. I may retake no matter what my score because I know I didn't reach my potential score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Noblesse_Oblige

New

Post by Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 pm

desiballa21 wrote:Awesome, thanks!
No Problem, nice name btw.

cgw

Bronze

Post by cgw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Noblesse_Oblige wrote:Velocity is great. Not only do the texts break down each question (on every section) there are videos that further break them down (with examples). LR was the easiest for me thanks to Velocity. I usually managed a -2 to -0. Velocity teaches you to read the question, learn the question type, and then a lot of the times you can answer the question without reading the passage (don't do this, because come on that is just tempting fate) but yeah, LR is a cake walk after Velocity.
Thanks for this. I've been reading tons of posts on this site, debating whether to do Velocity. Most people seem to focus on LG and RC, but LR is my only weak section. I think I'm finally going to commit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”