Does anyone feel like they crushed RC yest?

phillykid

Does anyone feel like they crushed RC yest?

Postby phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Usually I average -8 on RC (my worst section by far). In addition I generally never have time left. Yesterday RC was my first section and idk if it's wishful thinking or my brain is tricking me, but I thought it was quite easy. Plus I finished with 2 min left. I'd be shocked if I had more than -7, as I'm expecting -4 or -5.

Anyone else have the same experience?

princeR

Re: Does anyone feel like they crushed RC yest?

Postby princeR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Exact opposite experience.

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 pm

princeR wrote:Exact opposite experience.

Sorry to hear that. Makes me wonder if I really understood any of it because I seem to remember you are pretty good with RC. Can't wait for these next three weeks......

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Me too. I usually only miss 2-3 and I had 4 circled to go back and guess on after I eliminated a few.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

This is what makes me nervous... I think I nailed the RC. I would be surprised with more than a -2 (similar feeling about LR). LG I know I fucked up on, but me fucking up on LG ends with a -3, while me fucking up on RC ends up with me at a -6, so if I had to fuck a section up, I chose the right one.

That being said, it could all be bullshit and I could have bombed the whole thing. Find out on the sixth.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I crushed both of them. Starting off with RC-RC blows, but I feel pretty confident. Strangely the passage that gave me the most trouble was publishing. -2RC max. and I'm not usually an RC champ. I did find that a disproportionately high number of questions had very vague answer choices that were only loosely supported by the passage... I'd call them the "Which of the following is least wrong:" questions.

lilhugsy24

Postby lilhugsy24 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Same here. Usually go -3 or -4 but on this one I didn't even get to finish. Lost my timing and fucked up. Looking like a -7 or -8 at this point. You guys happen to figure out which LR was the experimental. I've heard it was the one with 26 questions. I had LR LR RC LR LG

Alexp1206

Postby Alexp1206 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 pm

I tend to feel much better about my RC performance on the actual LSAT's than I do on PT's. I think this has more to do with the fact that my adrenaline and focus gives me additional (false?) confidence in the answers I chose than me "crushing" the section. That having been said I think this RC section was pretty average. Harder than February '12 but significantly easier than Dec '11, which is considered by many (including me) to be the hardest RC ever thanks to some Roman Bankruptcy BS.

sjwest

Postby sjwest » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm with you, OP. I usually have to pick one of the last two passages to do seriously, then skim through the last one to have more than a random shot of getting the last few questions. I usually have one passage that I really struggle to understand the whole jist of. This did not happen yesterday. Everything just clicked, and I got through all of them with no problems and no need to guess. Felt confident on almost every single one of my answers. Hopefully it will make up for a less than stellar LG section. Probably helps that this section was first, and I was fresh.

hereyago

Postby hereyago » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 pm

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

sjwest wrote:I'm with you, OP. I usually have to pick one of the last two passages to do seriously, then skim through the last one to have more than a random shot of getting the last few questions. I usually have one passage that I really struggle to understand the whole jist of. This did not happen yesterday. Everything just clicked, and I got through all of them with no problems and no need to guess. Felt confident on almost every single one of my answers. Hopefully it will make up for a less than stellar LG section. Probably helps that this section was first, and I was fresh.

Same thing for me. I think it's because I knew I had to buckle down with RC and my adrenaline just pumped me through it. There was maybe 2-3 questions where I wasn't entirely sure, but again, that's much better than usual.

LG is -0 80% of the time with 5-6 min left over but for some reason I froze a couple times yesterday during it. Maybe because I had a false sense of security. I finished with like 2 min left and took an educated guess on one question. Expecting -3 for LG due to a couple stupid mistakes I'm sure.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:12 pm

I def feel like I crushed RC I was getting around -2 to -5 coming in and I'd be surprised if I missed more than 3. I just found the passages really easy to follow. I had LR-LR-RC-LR-LG, and so I think I was really in my zone by the time I hit RC.

LR is the wildcard for me. I think I only missed 2 or 3 on my third LR, but I think I could have missed as many as 4 or 5 on each of the first two.

LG is my strongest section by far. I know for a fact that I missed 1 (realized a mistake and didn't have time to fix it), but I'd be shocked if I missed more than 1 or 2 others.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 pm

The R/C was the only sane section out of the whole test. Don't know if I "crushed" it though but I'm expecting it to be one of my best sections.

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm

RC definitely did not feel easy to me this time around. The science passage was one of the few that actually asks you to understand the science they're talking about.

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Nammertat wrote:RC definitely did not feel easy to me this time around. The science passage was one of the few that actually asks you to understand the science they're talking about.

That was the atoms one right? Sorry my brain is mush lol

princeR

Postby princeR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:34 pm

First passage was tough so I spent a good amount of time on it, maybe 1 wrong, second passage was fine, 3rd was tough, felt rushed because I saw how little time I had so guessed on the final two, 5 min total on final passage, had a couple gimee questions luckily but didn't feel great on like 3-4, this section will probably make or break me. Seriously, anywhere from -10 to -4... Im typing on my shitty phone.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:39 pm

This was my first take. Usually, on PTs, I feel fuzzy about RC but end up getting -1 or -2. I felt FANTASTIC about this one. Got it first, so I felt even better.
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth if it turns out I confidently bombed.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, I had LR-RC-RC-LR-LG, so I wasn't sure until I was able to figure out which was the experimental. Having done that, I wouldn't say I crushed the real one, but I was definitely more confident about it. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would have gotten my ass handed to me had the experimental been the scored section. Dodged a bullet on that one.

ookoshi

Postby ookoshi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm

I was LR-LR-RC-LR-LG as well. I wouldn't say I crushed the RC, but I felt good about every answer I put down. Had about 2-3 minutes after finishing the section to go back and ponder the harder ones a bit more, but didn't change any answers.

Hufflepuffer

Postby Hufflepuffer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:04 pm

I second guessed myself on almost every Fingerprinting question :(

honeycomb

Postby honeycomb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Does anyone else feel like they left the test center thinking "hmm, that wasn't so bad" and now the day after you're like "crap, maybe I missed something, there's no way that wasn't so bad"

That's how I feel about RC. And LG.

I also think that I mentally blacked out any emotions after each section because I was so scared to get a bad section and then let it affect my confidence for the next one. Usually I can talk about passages, LR questions, etc after a PT but I remember very few from this test.

But short answer, I took PT 65 on Saturday before the test and RC killed me. This didn't seem nearly as bad.

tofuspeedstar

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Crushed it, my best section, all my pt RC sections were 0 or -1.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:The R/C was the only sane section out of the whole test. Don't know if I "crushed" it though but I'm expecting it to be one of my best sections.

Me.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

honeycomb wrote:Does anyone else feel like they left the test center thinking "hmm, that wasn't so bad" and now the day after you're like "crap, maybe I missed something, there's no way that wasn't so bad"

I also think that I mentally blacked out any emotions after each section because I was so scared to get a bad section and then let it affect my confidence for the next one. Usually I can talk about passages, LR questions, etc after a PT but I remember very few from this test.

But short answer, I took PT 65 on Saturday before the test and RC killed me. This didn't seem nearly as bad.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what I'm worried about. Some LG felt so vague, I felt like I was missing something because it seemed too obvious. I can't tell if that means LG finally clicked for me and I didn't realize it, or I completely bombed.
Like I said above, RC felt like cake, which makes me worry that I did horribly.

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

sabanist wrote:
honeycomb wrote:Does anyone else feel like they left the test center thinking "hmm, that wasn't so bad" and now the day after you're like "crap, maybe I missed something, there's no way that wasn't so bad"

Yes, this is EXACTLY what I'm worried about. Some LG felt so vague, I felt like I was missing something because it seemed too obvious. I can't tell if that means LG finally clicked for me and I didn't realize it, or I completely bombed.
Like I said above, RC felt like cake, which makes me worry that I did horribly.

Same boat. Here's to waiting.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”