Complaints/Concerns About Test

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 am

If you have specific complaints or concerns about your test center or the testing environment, here is the info directly off LSAC's web site. Please note you MUST sign your letter, it MUST be received before Sunday and you MUST include particular information, so I would advise faxing vs. emailing.

(And no, they don't automatically cancel your score if you complain, as I overhead one girl saying yesterday... :roll: )



LSAC administers the LSAT at hundreds of locations around the world. Although LSAC staff and local test supervisors (who are not LSAC employees) make every effort to provide a suitable test-taking environment, LSAC cannot guarantee that conditions will be optimal at all testing sites. In no case will LSAC be held responsible for test-center conditions beyond its control. If you encounter a problem during the test administration, report it to the test center supervisor; however, informing the test center supervisor is not sufficient. You must also follow up your complaint by writing with your signature to:

LSAC
662 Penn Street
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940
USA
Fax: 215.968.1277
E-mail: LSACinfo@LSAC.org

Your complaint must be received by LSAC within six calendar days after the administration via fax, letter, or e-mail. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test. Indicate "Test Center Complaint" in the subject line and include your name, address, LSAC account number, the last four digits of your Social Security/Social Insurance number, the test center name, and the building or room in which you were tested, if known. Be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint.

User avatar
LexLeon
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby LexLeon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51 pm

My friend has a tattoo of Honey Badger with a chainsaw on his leg. Don't get a tattoo of Honey Badger with a chainsaw on your leg.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TRex77 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am

So if we want to complain and cancel our score, we should cancel then send out letter in right? Is it possible for the LSAC to completely erase any record of a test off your LSAC profile? My testing conditions were the most ridiculous I have ever heard of on any forum. I am also hoping to get a refund.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TRex77 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:25 am

why would you advise to faxing the letter rather than emailing it?


and no where in that description does it say anything about signing the letter?

User avatar
TheRainMan
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TheRainMan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:16 am

I feel as if there should be an option that we can select so that we can choose to inform the LSAC of sub-par testing conditions or proctor behavior without having to risk having our scores delayed. There are several issues I would like to bring to their attention that I am simply unwilling to do because a basic cost-benefit analysis tells me that I have absolutely nothing to gain from helping the LSAC improve THEIR testing procedures and still have to bear the cost of the aforementioned risk. It is ridiculous.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

TRex77 wrote:why would you advise to faxing the letter rather than emailing it?


and no where in that description does it say anything about signing the letter?

Look on the LSAC web site. It says there to sign it.
I say FAX in because that is what the LSAC representative said to do--he was very specific about it.
Whatever your circumstances, and whatever you choose to do, you MUST act before Sunday (so that means Friday). ;)

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 pm

TheRainMan wrote:I feel as if there should be an option that we can select so that we can choose to inform the LSAC of sub-par testing conditions or proctor behavior without having to risk having our scores delayed. There are several issues I would like to bring to their attention that I am simply unwilling to do because a basic cost-benefit analysis tells me that I have absolutely nothing to gain from helping the LSAC improve THEIR testing procedures and still have to bear the cost of the aforementioned risk. It is ridiculous.

Score delay should be no more than a few weeks from what i was told. Are you trying for THIS FALL?
I'd still complain, IF you have a valid concern; LSAC will note your file. No complaint? No note in file. No note in file? Your testing circumstances were perfect.

User avatar
TheRainMan
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TheRainMan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
TheRainMan wrote:I feel as if there should be an option that we can select so that we can choose to inform the LSAC of sub-par testing conditions or proctor behavior without having to risk having our scores delayed. There are several issues I would like to bring to their attention that I am simply unwilling to do because a basic cost-benefit analysis tells me that I have absolutely nothing to gain from helping the LSAC improve THEIR testing procedures and still have to bear the cost of the aforementioned risk. It is ridiculous.

Score delay should be no more than a few weeks from what i was told. Are you trying for THIS FALL?
I'd still complain, IF you have a valid concern; LSAC will note your file. No complaint? No note in file. No note in file? Your testing circumstances were perfect.


Yeah I'm applying for this fall. And if I did not do well, it was not because of the testing environment.

But this is the exact type of situation I'm talking about... these are issues that the LSAC should know about because they could easily affect future test takers, but I will not tell them because I do not feel that there is any benefit to being able to cite imperfect testing conditions.

ommy48
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:00 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby ommy48 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have several questions regarding the complaint process and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer them for me:

1. In the complaint letter are you supposed to only detail the irregularities and nothing else or is it ok to include what you would like the LSAC to do as well (i.e. this was my third and last try at the LSAT according to the 3 in 2 years rule and I would like to possibly retake it in October if my score is gravely affected by the testing conditions)?

2. If the complaint is acknowledged and accepted does the LSAC automatically cancel your score without your input?

3. Am I certain to have my score release delayed if I file a complaint?

A somewhat related question:

4. Is the 3 test tries in 2 years (I have one cancelation in October 2011, one score from Dec. 2011 and just took the June 2012) a pretty firm rule by the LSAC (it is virtually impossible to successfully petition them for a 4th try this fall even though my first cancelation was due to a chronic medical condition that I deal with)?

I know that some of these questions are difficult to answer with 100% certainty but if anyone who has gone through the process could address them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 pm

ommy48 wrote:Hi Guys and Gals,

I have several questions regarding the complaint process and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer them for me:

1. In the complaint letter are you supposed to only detail the irregularities and nothing else or is it ok to include what you would like the LSAC to do as well (i.e. this was my third and last try at the LSAT according to the 3 in 2 years rule and I would like to possibly retake it in October if my score is gravely affected by the testing conditions)?

2. If the complaint is acknowledged and accepted does the LSAC automatically cancel your score without your input?

3. Am I certain to have my score release delayed if I file a complaint?

A somewhat related question:

4. Is the 3 test tries in 2 years (I have one cancelation in October 2011, one score from Dec. 2011 and just took the June 2012) a pretty firm rule by the LSAC (it is virtually impossible to successfully petition them for a 4th try this fall even though my first cancelation was due to a chronic medical condition that I deal with)?

I know that some of these questions are difficult to answer with 100% certainty but if anyone who has gone through the process could address them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.


1. Don't do that--concerns only.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Call them.

Good luck.

ommy48
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:00 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby ommy48 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
ommy48 wrote:Hi Guys and Gals,

I have several questions regarding the complaint process and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer them for me:

1. In the complaint letter are you supposed to only detail the irregularities and nothing else or is it ok to include what you would like the LSAC to do as well (i.e. this was my third and last try at the LSAT according to the 3 in 2 years rule and I would like to possibly retake it in October if my score is gravely affected by the testing conditions)?

2. If the complaint is acknowledged and accepted does the LSAC automatically cancel your score without your input?

3. Am I certain to have my score release delayed if I file a complaint?

A somewhat related question:

4. Is the 3 test tries in 2 years (I have one cancelation in October 2011, one score from Dec. 2011 and just took the June 2012) a pretty firm rule by the LSAC (it is virtually impossible to successfully petition them for a 4th try this fall even though my first cancelation was due to a chronic medical condition that I deal with)?

I know that some of these questions are difficult to answer with 100% certainty but if anyone who has gone through the process could address them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.


1. Don't do that--concerns only.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Call them.

Good luck.


Thanks!

pat4redick
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby pat4redick » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks for the information Honey_Badger. Before I make my complaint (was at Talmudic), I was wondering what you thought. It is my third retake and I have deposited at a school for the fall. This test was my attempt to crack the 170 mark and I think there is still a good chance I got it despite the disturbances. If I do complain, my results will be delayed making living arrangements for this fall even harder to find if I don't get the score I need to reapply. And the only thing they can do is give me a retake in October, correct? I don't really see any benefit from complaining. Am I missing anything?

ommy48
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:00 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby ommy48 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 pm

pat4redick wrote:Thanks for the information Honey_Badger. Before I make my complaint (was at Talmudic), I was wondering what you thought. It is my third retake and I have deposited at a school for the fall. This test was my attempt to crack the 170 mark and I think there is still a good chance I got it despite the disturbances. If I do complain, my results will be delayed making living arrangements for this fall even harder to find if I don't get the score I need to reapply. And the only thing they can do is give me a retake in October, correct? I don't really see any benefit from complaining. Am I missing anything?



wow, we seem to be in exactly the same position. I'm struggling to decide what to do as well.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TRex77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 am

Honey_Badger wrote:
TRex77 wrote:why would you advise to faxing the letter rather than emailing it?


and no where in that description does it say anything about signing the letter?

Look on the LSAC web site. It says there to sign it.
I say FAX in because that is what the LSAC representative said to do--he was very specific about it.
Whatever your circumstances, and whatever you choose to do, you MUST act before Sunday (so that means Friday). ;)


Hmm...that is strange because the representative I talked to said to email it.

And this is off the LSAC website. No where does it say you need to sign the letter, unless I am blind

If you encounter a problem during the test administration, report it to the test center supervisor; however, informing the test center supervisor is not sufficient. You must also follow up your complaint by writing to:
LSAC
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940
Fax: 215.968.1277
E-mail: LSACinfo@LSAC.org
Your complaint must be received within six calendar days after the administration. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test. Indicate "Test Center Complaint" in the subject line and include your name, address, LSAC account number, the last four digits of your Social Security or Social Insurance number, test center name and the building and/or room in which you were tested, if known. Be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:31 am

Fax or real/paper mail in a hard copy if you have a serious issue that needs to be addressed. It says that you can also email your complaint, but a real signature is required no matter which way you submit it.

Your signature is required on any of these types of submissions in order to make them legal/verifiable in accordance with the rules.

It's written and published in the LSAC policies and is the way things work. The policy is not hard to follow. It's not a huge burden that takes much effort to sign a document before submitting it via mail, fax or email.

http://www.lsac.org/policies/test-cente ... licies.asp

When you submit something (especially something that is important and is a complaint), you hand sign it. I don't understand why people seeking admission to law school don't just spend a little time reading the LSAC rules and regulations and doing a bit of research.

You can read all the LSAC LSAT and other related regulations/R&R's online in about an hour or two, half a day if taking your time. Instead some people spend a lot more time here asking strangers what the rules are, complaining about them, making claims that they are unfair etc., instead of just spending a couple of hours poking around and reading the information from the source at http://www.lsac.org with a few mouse clicks.

Read the instructions in the first link above, write your complaint, proof read it, print it out, sign it, then fax it or put it in an envelope with proper postage or scan it and send it in an email. Should take about 30-45 minutes at most.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby TRex77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Jeffort wrote:Fax or real/paper mail in a hard copy if you have a serious issue that needs to be addressed. It says that you can also email your complaint, but a real signature is required no matter which way you submit it.

Your signature is required on any of these types of submissions in order to make them legal/verifiable in accordance with the rules.

It's written and published in the LSAC policies and is the way things work. The policy is not hard to follow. It's not a huge burden that takes much effort to sign a document before submitting it via mail, fax or email.

http://www.lsac.org/policies/test-cente ... licies.asp

When you submit something (especially something that is important and is a complaint), you hand sign it. I don't understand why people seeking admission to law school don't just spend a little time reading the LSAC rules and regulations and doing a bit of research.

You can read all the LSAC LSAT and other related regulations/R&R's online in about an hour or two, half a day if taking your time. Instead some people spend a lot more time here asking strangers what the rules are, complaining about them, making claims that they are unfair etc., instead of just spending a couple of hours poking around and reading the information from the source at http://www.lsac.org with a few mouse clicks.

Read the instructions in the first link above, write your complaint, proof read it, print it out, sign it, then fax it or put it in an envelope with proper postage or scan it and send it in an email. Should take about 30-45 minutes at most.


Image

I don't know about you, but it sure doesn't take me half a day to write one post on a forum asking a question. But maybe I am very talented at posting on forums.

Calm down buddy, I always was going to send in a signed copy, just was wondering where people were seeing that it had to be signed.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Jeffort » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 am

TRex77 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:Fax or real/paper mail in a hard copy if you have a serious issue that needs to be addressed. It says that you can also email your complaint, but a real signature is required no matter which way you submit it.

Your signature is required on any of these types of submissions in order to make them legal/verifiable in accordance with the rules.

It's written and published in the LSAC policies and is the way things work. The policy is not hard to follow. It's not a huge burden that takes much effort to sign a document before submitting it via mail, fax or email.

http://www.lsac.org/policies/test-cente ... licies.asp

When you submit something (especially something that is important and is a complaint), you hand sign it. I don't understand why people seeking admission to law school don't just spend a little time reading the LSAC rules and regulations and doing a bit of research.

You can read all the LSAC LSAT and other related regulations/R&R's online in about an hour or two, half a day if taking your time. Instead some people spend a lot more time here asking strangers what the rules are, complaining about them, making claims that they are unfair etc., instead of just spending a couple of hours poking around and reading the information from the source at http://www.lsac.org with a few mouse clicks.

Read the instructions in the first link above, write your complaint, proof read it, print it out, sign it, then fax it or put it in an envelope with proper postage or scan it and send it in an email. Should take about 30-45 minutes at most.


Image

I don't know about you, but it sure doesn't take me half a day to write one post on a forum asking a question. But maybe I am very talented at posting on forums.

Calm down buddy, I always was going to send in a signed copy, just was wondering where people were seeing that it had to be signed.


I'm perfectly calm and am just supplying basic information and links to the official source of the rules since some people seem to be confused about how to deal with such matters and there is a lot of incorrect information posted in various threads here. It's not hard to find the regulations on the LSAC web site. Click on the links I posted above and read them.

LSAC administers the LSAT at hundreds of locations around the world. Although LSAC staff and local test supervisors (who are not LSAC employees) make every effort to provide a suitable test-taking environment, LSAC cannot guarantee that conditions will be optimal at all testing sites. In no case will LSAC be held responsible for test-center conditions beyond its control. If you encounter a problem during the test administration, report it to the test center supervisor; however, informing the test center supervisor is not sufficient. You must also follow up your complaint by writing with your signature to:

LSAC
662 Penn Street
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940
USA

Fax: 215.968.1277
E-mail: LSACinfo@LSAC.org

Your complaint must be received by LSAC within six calendar days after the administration via fax, letter, or e-mail. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test. Indicate "Test Center Complaint" in the subject line and include your name, address, LSAC account number, the last four digits of your Social Security/Social Insurance number, the test center name, and the building or room in which you were tested, if known. Be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 am

pat4redick wrote:Thanks for the information Honey_Badger. Before I make my complaint (was at Talmudic), I was wondering what you thought. It is my third retake and I have deposited at a school for the fall. This test was my attempt to crack the 170 mark and I think there is still a good chance I got it despite the disturbances. If I do complain, my results will be delayed making living arrangements for this fall even harder to find if I don't get the score I need to reapply. And the only thing they can do is give me a retake in October, correct? I don't really see any benefit from complaining. Am I missing anything?

You can still get your score, and chances are (I was at Talmudic too) they will attach a letter about the circumstances of the test.
I hope you rocked it--and that you send in your complaint before the end of today. :wink:

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:00 am

TRex77 wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:
TRex77 wrote:why would you advise to faxing the letter rather than emailing it?


and no where in that description does it say anything about signing the letter?

Look on the LSAC web site. It says there to sign it.
I say FAX in because that is what the LSAC representative said to do--he was very specific about it.
Whatever your circumstances, and whatever you choose to do, you MUST act before Sunday (so that means Friday). ;)


Hmm...that is strange because the representative I talked to said to email it.

And this is off the LSAC website. No where does it say you need to sign the letter, unless I am blind

If you encounter a problem during the test administration, report it to the test center supervisor; however, informing the test center supervisor is not sufficient. You must also follow up your complaint by writing to:
LSAC
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940
Fax: 215.968.1277
E-mail: LSACinfo@LSAC.org
Your complaint must be received within six calendar days after the administration. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test. Indicate "Test Center Complaint" in the subject line and include your name, address, LSAC account number, the last four digits of your Social Security or Social Insurance number, test center name and the building and/or room in which you were tested, if known. Be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint.


What you see in my original post was CUT and PASTED off the LSAC web site. Look at the sentence before the address. It says "with your signature."
Mystery solved.

User avatar
Honey_Badger
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 am

Jeffort wrote:
I'm perfectly calm and am just supplying basic information and links to the official source of the rules since some people seem to be confused about how to deal with such matters and there is a lot of incorrect information posted in various threads here. It's not hard to find the regulations on the LSAC web site. Click on the links I posted above and read them.

LSAC administers the LSAT at hundreds of locations around the world. Although LSAC staff and local test supervisors (who are not LSAC employees) make every effort to provide a suitable test-taking environment, LSAC cannot guarantee that conditions will be optimal at all testing sites. In no case will LSAC be held responsible for test-center conditions beyond its control. If you encounter a problem during the test administration, report it to the test center supervisor; however, informing the test center supervisor is not sufficient. You must also follow up your complaint by writing with your signature to:

LSAC
662 Penn Street
PO BOX 2000-T
Newtown PA 18940
USA

Fax: 215.968.1277
E-mail: LSACinfo@LSAC.org

Your complaint must be received by LSAC within six calendar days after the administration via fax, letter, or e-mail. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test. Indicate "Test Center Complaint" in the subject line and include your name, address, LSAC account number, the last four digits of your Social Security/Social Insurance number, the test center name, and the building or room in which you were tested, if known. Be aware that the availability of your LSAT score may be delayed pending the review of your complaint.


Sweet Jesus. Thank you, Jeffort.

User avatar
PLXTDNR
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby PLXTDNR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 am

TheRainMan wrote:I feel as if there should be an option that we can select so that we can choose to inform the LSAC of sub-par testing conditions or proctor behavior without having to risk having our scores delayed. There are several issues I would like to bring to their attention that I am simply unwilling to do because a basic cost-benefit analysis tells me that I have absolutely nothing to gain from helping the LSAC improve THEIR testing procedures and still have to bear the cost of the aforementioned risk. It is ridiculous.

If you're keeping your score, you won't necessarily have your score delayed. They'll just put a hold on your account. I complained - just to let them know that one of their proctors was sub-par (and that's being generous) - once I got their letter (which was well in advance of the score date, b/c I wrote the complaint super early), I just faxed a letter back saying I was keeping my score. Hold came off within 24 hours. Just keep on top of it. If you write the letter and you don't get the letter offering you options within a couple of weeks, call them and ask about it.

User avatar
PLXTDNR
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby PLXTDNR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am

ommy48 wrote:Hi Guys and Gals,

I have several questions regarding the complaint process and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer them for me:

1. In the complaint letter are you supposed to only detail the irregularities and nothing else or is it ok to include what you would like the LSAC to do as well (i.e. this was my third and last try at the LSAT according to the 3 in 2 years rule and I would like to possibly retake it in October if my score is gravely affected by the testing conditions)?

2. If the complaint is acknowledged and accepted does the LSAC automatically cancel your score without your input?

3. Am I certain to have my score release delayed if I file a complaint?

A somewhat related question:

4. Is the 3 test tries in 2 years (I have one cancelation in October 2011, one score from Dec. 2011 and just took the June 2012) a pretty firm rule by the LSAC (it is virtually impossible to successfully petition them for a 4th try this fall even though my first cancelation was due to a chronic medical condition that I deal with)?

I know that some of these questions are difficult to answer with 100% certainty but if anyone who has gone through the process could address them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

It's my understanding that LSAC does allow a fourth try (the specific circumstance I was told about was if a school requested you have another try). Can't hurt to ask LSAC, though.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Complaints/Concerns About Test

Postby Icculus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 am

PLXTDNR wrote:
ommy48 wrote:Hi Guys and Gals,

I have several questions regarding the complaint process and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could answer them for me:

1. In the complaint letter are you supposed to only detail the irregularities and nothing else or is it ok to include what you would like the LSAC to do as well (i.e. this was my third and last try at the LSAT according to the 3 in 2 years rule and I would like to possibly retake it in October if my score is gravely affected by the testing conditions)?

2. If the complaint is acknowledged and accepted does the LSAC automatically cancel your score without your input?

3. Am I certain to have my score release delayed if I file a complaint?

A somewhat related question:

4. Is the 3 test tries in 2 years (I have one cancelation in October 2011, one score from Dec. 2011 and just took the June 2012) a pretty firm rule by the LSAC (it is virtually impossible to successfully petition them for a 4th try this fall even though my first cancelation was due to a chronic medical condition that I deal with)?

I know that some of these questions are difficult to answer with 100% certainty but if anyone who has gone through the process could address them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

It's my understanding that LSAC does allow a fourth try (the specific circumstance I was told about was if a school requested you have another try). Can't hurt to ask LSAC, though.


I believe the rule here has changed because so many schools were helping students get a fourth try. In order to get the fourth try now you have to petition LSAC and they have to allow it. It is much harder than it used to be.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avs13, cherrygalore, dontsaywhatyoumean, floatie, govlife, Instrumental, lawcapture, Pozzo and 20 guests