should i cancel?

nigeriansiberian

should i cancel?

Postby nigeriansiberian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Last edited by nigeriansiberian on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

rinkrat19

Re: should i cancel?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Hardly any schools (just H/Y?) average.

suzige

Postby suzige » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 pm

this was my retake. I feel like i should cancel too. :(

honeycomb

Postby honeycomb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

nigeriansiberian wrote:I have a 3.8 and I'm applying this upcoming cycle. I think i got in the low 160's and I'd like to be at least in the high 160's. Should I just wait and see what I got and then retake if its not good enough or should I just cancel right away. I'm thinking for schools that look at the higher score like Cornell it won't matter but for schools that average LSATS, this score would hurt me. dunno what to do.

How confident are you that you got low 160s? Did you have similar feelings when your PTing and if so were they accurate? I know that for me my gut feelings about this are usually quite a bit off so if I was in your position I would just wait it out. Also it will depend on how many times you've taken the test. If it is your first shot, I would just wait, I've seen on here multiple times that having more than 1 LSAT score is only marginally worse than having 2 and it's definitely not a big deal if you do a lot better the second time.

nigeriansiberian

Postby nigeriansiberian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Last edited by nigeriansiberian on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

nigeriansiberian

Postby nigeriansiberian » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 am

Last edited by nigeriansiberian on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

SnapSnapSnap

Postby SnapSnapSnap » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 am

nigeriansiberian wrote:Sorry to double post but I've decided to cancel. Does one cancellation look that bad? My biggest reasoning is that the LG section is my worst section and I think I missed 10+ questions on this test because I guessed on the second two games. I have to be able to get better on the games by October, right?

Does it sound like I'm making the right decision?

It seems like you are just looking for a bit of reassurance, so here it is: A single cancellation is no big deal at all, you don't even need an addendum. It sounds like you made the right decision for you at this time. At least now you know what it's like to take the test, and hopefully next time you'll feel more confident since it'll be your second time around. And yes, you can definitely improve by October, but it'll require you to be much more motivated than you were the first time, because it tends to be diminishing returns after a certain point in studying--which you have probably already surpassed. Don't get complacent, don't get lazy, don't procrastinate, and don't give up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”