June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 pm

June test takers, what is the minimum score you need to get for you to not retake?

My avg pt is around 172. If I don't get a 173, I'm going to retake. Also post your avg PT score.
Last edited by hereyago on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Crowing » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Prolly 175

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Crowing wrote:Prolly 175


You think you scored around there?

i lol'd hard looking at your avi

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I have taken the LSAT twice before.

Sept 09 170
Oct 10 170

What score would make you retake in my position?

Bc I'm really not sure if it would be worth it for me

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 pm

173 minimum begrudgingly accept
172 I retake

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I have taken the LSAT twice before.

Sept 09 170
Oct 10 170

What score would make you retake in my position?

Bc I'm really not sure if it would be worth it for me


Do you think you did better than 170 this time?

But wow... 2 170s. When do you plan on applying anyways?

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:173 minimum begrudgingly accept
172 I retake


Same here. What's your avg pt score? How do you think you did?

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Crowing » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 pm

hereyago wrote:
Crowing wrote:Prolly 175


You think you scored around there?

i lol'd hard looking at your avi


I really don't know. The only way I can really describe this LSAT is... weird. I probably could get anywhere from 170-180 but unfortunately atm it feels more like a lower 170. I already scored 173 last summer so it would be pretty pointless if I can't beat that.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:02 pm

hereyago wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:173 minimum begrudgingly accept
172 I retake


Same here. What's your avg pt score? How do you think you did?


That's basically my average test score. The only reason I would retake is because I know I can do better. I usually go -4or5 on LG, and do really well with the rest, if it was the other way around I would be happy, but I know I have the capacity to go -1or0 like the rest of these 173+'s so I'm pretty cool with a retake if needed.

My prediction is based on the curve, either 172-174.

174 is the magic number for me. The number at which I wouldn't consider a retake, and would finally have that joyous feeling the good people at LSAC have yet to deliver upon me.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm

174 is also the magic number for me, but it's to reapply next year instead of going to the school I'm deposited at right now.

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
hereyago wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:173 minimum begrudgingly accept
172 I retake


Same here. What's your avg pt score? How do you think you did?


That's basically my average test score. The only reason I would retake is because I know I can do better. I usually go -4or5 on LG, and do really well with the rest, if it was the other way around I would be happy, but I know I have the capacity to go -1or0 like the rest of these 173+'s so I'm pretty cool with a retake if needed.

My prediction is based on the curve, either 172-174.

174 is the magic number for me. The number at which I wouldn't consider a retake, and would finally have that joyous feeling the good people at LSAC have yet to deliver upon me.


whoa. -4 or -5 on LG? how do you think you did on this LG?

i cant seem to get less than -4 on RC :cry:

teach me your ways :cry:

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Wily wrote:174 is also the magic number for me, but it's to reapply next year instead of going to the school I'm deposited at right now.


whats your old score? where did you deposit your $?

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 pm

hereyago wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
hereyago wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:173 minimum begrudgingly accept
172 I retake


Same here. What's your avg pt score? How do you think you did?


That's basically my average test score. The only reason I would retake is because I know I can do better. I usually go -4or5 on LG, and do really well with the rest, if it was the other way around I would be happy, but I know I have the capacity to go -1or0 like the rest of these 173+'s so I'm pretty cool with a retake if needed.

My prediction is based on the curve, either 172-174.

174 is the magic number for me. The number at which I wouldn't consider a retake, and would finally have that joyous feeling the good people at LSAC have yet to deliver upon me.


whoa. -4 or -5 on LG? how do you think you did on this LG?

i cant seem to get less than -4 on RC :cry:

teach me your ways :cry:


Heh, RC is hit or miss for me too, I usually go -1 to -3 depending on difficulty.
I feel like I wen't -4 on LG, but did well on the other sections
I almost always -0 both LRs but I did get hung up on one or two today, which threw me off, mostly due to stupid proctor talking the whole time. I feel like RC and LR were both trickier then usual, and wouldn't be surprised to see a generous curve as a result. I naturally do best on tests in which LR is the curve setter, the section that trips most people up.

if I had to pick a number 173 final answer. I wouldn't be surprised by +-1, anything beyond that I'd be shocked.

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:12 pm

VasaVasori wrote:Probably a 174 or 175.


Was the lsat today your first lsat or retake?

VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 pm

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Honestly I'll say 165.


If I can get Cornell EA as a URM with 3.6, 165, then I'll take it in a heartbeat. I'll worry about the debt later, I'm not trying to go through that kind of stress again! :shock:

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Heh, RC is hit or miss for me too, I usually go -1 to -3 depending on difficulty.
I feel like I wen't -4 on LG, but did well on the other sections
I almost always -0 both LRs but I did get hung up on one or two today, which threw me off, mostly due to stupid proctor talking the whole time. I feel like RC and LR were both trickier then usual, and wouldn't be surprised to see a generous curve as a result. I naturally do best on tests in which LR is the curve setter, the section that trips most people up.

if I had to pick a number 173 final answer. I wouldn't be surprised by +-1, anything beyond that I'd be shocked.


why dont you prep LG all day every day? repetition really improves LG a lot.

i didn't think LR was trickier. i thought it was pretty easy except for 2 questions. RC on the other hand... I blanked after every passage. dont remember a single thing about it. prob -4 minimum. most likely around -6 or -7, which is much worse than my worst pt. :cry:

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

DaRascal wrote:Honestly I'll say 165.


If I can get Cornell EA as a URM with 3.6, 165, then I'll take it in a heartbeat. I'll worry about the debt later, I'm not trying to go through that kind of stress again! :shock:


i'm trying for cornell as well. maybe we'll see each other there? :shock:

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I like this guy! He asks a lot of questions that make me feel like someones interested! instead of the usual post test venting and self-motivated question exchanging.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

hereyago wrote:
Wily wrote:174 is also the magic number for me, but it's to reapply next year instead of going to the school I'm deposited at right now.


whats your old score? where did you deposit your $?


168, GW.

User avatar
hereyago
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

VasaVasori wrote:
hereyago wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:Probably a 174 or 175.


Was the lsat today your first lsat or retake?

First one. Thank heavens.


whoa. how long have you been prepping? i know you score pretty high on your PTs :shock:

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 pm

hereyago wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Honestly I'll say 165.


If I can get Cornell EA as a URM with 3.6, 165, then I'll take it in a heartbeat. I'll worry about the debt later, I'm not trying to go through that kind of stress again! :shock:


i'm trying for cornell as well. maybe we'll see each other there? :shock:


Haha maybe. I just want to go to the best school I can get into. After today though, if I get a low 160 then whatever I'll take T20 at sticker before I retake that thing and lose my sanity!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 pm

I was in a real similar situation as a lot of you. My last 25 or so PTs were 172-179 with the average probably somewhere around 174.5 or so. I ended up with a 174, which was probably in my 40-50th percentile or so. Even though I knew if I took it twice more I would almost certainly get a higher score, I decided the 174 was good enough. The thought of putting 35 minutes on my stopwatch and digging into RC and LG sections again to drill everyday definitely weighed into my decision. While I really, really wanted to hit 175, I think the gains are marginal over the 174 when weighed against the costs. The only way I will retake is if my cycle isn't playing out how I like and I want to maybe try to get off a HYS waitlist next February.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: June test takers: Minimum score for you to not retake?

Postby TheThriller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

170 or below? Retake.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JoshLyman13, rk42 and 7 guests