Having a lot of room on LG

Noblesse_Oblige

Re: Having a lot of room on LG

Postby Noblesse_Oblige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54 pm

princeR wrote:Fucked me up good. For some reason I was compelled to hypothetical EVERYTHING knowing that I had room. This caused me to waste way too much time. Fuck LSAC.

Same exact thing happened to me. Instead of just seeing the connections I wrote it out just because I could. I also assumed that it was normal and the PTs try to save space, so I didn't freak, but thinking back, I realize that I took so long on LG because I sometimes had to remember the rules/table since it was on a different page. Not too much of a difference, but enough to make me run out of time and rush through the last 3.

TheRainMan

Postby TheRainMan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Noblesse_Oblige wrote:
princeR wrote:Fucked me up good. For some reason I was compelled to hypothetical EVERYTHING knowing that I had room. This caused me to waste way too much time. Fuck LSAC.

Same exact thing happened to me. Instead of just seeing the connections I wrote it out just because I could. I also assumed that it was normal and the PTs try to save space, so I didn't freak, but thinking back, I realize that I took so long on LG because I sometimes had to remember the rules/table since it was on a different page. Not too much of a difference, but enough to make me run out of time and rush through the last 3.

I like having my master diagram at the bottom of the page. I DID NOT like having it on the bottom of the page I was not working on. Uncool LSAC, uncool.

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:32 pm

sjwest wrote:I hated the extra space, the visual disconnect from my diagram and the rules on the first page and the questions on the 2nd page completely threw me off and wasted so much extra time. I usually finish with a ton of extra time, but instead left 2 questions unfinished.

+1

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

I dont get it: If LSAC was trying to be nice to us, why didn't they space the questions out more, instead of giving us a freakload of space at the bottom? I don't know about you guys, but the Bible told me to keep my main diagram neat and unadulterated at the bottom, and squeeze all the dirty work in next to the questions.

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

cc.celina wrote:I dont get it: If LSAC was trying to be nice to us, why didn't they space the questions out more, instead of giving us a freakload of space at the bottom? I don't know about you guys, but the Bible told me to keep my main diagram neat and unadulterated at the bottom, and squeeze all the dirty work in next to the questions.

I was just thinking about this today...

I like to draw my mini, specific question diagrams next to the question themselves so that I don't get confused with the main diagram. This set up threw me off because I then pushed all my work to the bottom where there was more room. I ended up getting super confused about what was rule-changed specific and what was a general hypothetical.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:03 pm

VasaVasori wrote:I bet this would be a good potential way to get out of having your score reported.

I want my score, so I'm not gonna do it. Just throwing it out there, though.

lolololol.

"I demand that you not report my score. You provided me with plenty of room to diagram, which is patently unfair." You'll get laughed out of the room. the fact that you can't immediately tell this is a losing argument doesn't bode well for your legal career.

ookoshi

Postby ookoshi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Wow, I guess I got lucky that this past LSAT was my first (real) one. I really liked the space I had. On my PT's I actually used scratch paper to avoid writing in the book (which is sort of silly I suppose since I wasn't planning on reusing the test anyways).

I think if I had to deal with a radical format change, it might've thrown me off too.

Also, I was lucky that LG was my last section. By the time it came up, I had plenty of time to mentally prepare after I finished the previous section.

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:I bet this would be a good potential way to get out of having your score reported.

I want my score, so I'm not gonna do it. Just throwing it out there, though.

lolololol.

"I demand that you not report my score. You provided me with plenty of room to diagram, which is patently unfair." You'll get laughed out of the room. the fact that you can't immediately tell this is a losing argument doesn't bode well for your legal career.

Don't be mean! No one's complaining about the extra room, they're complaining about an unexpected change when they've done everything in their power to study so hard that nothing is unexpected. Of course people are going to freak out a little. They have a lot riding on this.

Especially the left handed people. Sympathies =/ Sounds like it really sucks.

suzige

Postby suzige » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

ya seriously... don't know what you're trying to get out of kicking us while we're down. :roll:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”