Having a lot of room on LG

hereyago

Having a lot of room on LG

Postby hereyago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Does LSAT usually give 2 pages for each game in LG or was the june 2012 exam the first one to do so?

CardozoLaw09

Re: Having a lot of room on LG

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm

hereyago wrote:Does LSAT usually give 2 pages for each game in LG or was the june 2012 exam the first one to do so?

I don't know but I got spooked by the crazy amount of space given.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Not typical

cc.celina

Postby cc.celina » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 pm

I kept doing that thing where you get to the end of the section and you wanna know what the next section is, so you stare really hard at it trying to see what's on the other side, and the LG format totally threw me off

Wily

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 pm

I liked the extra space quite alot. May have even boosted my raw score up by one point because I didn't have to erase old diagrams and remake them because of lack of space.

NYC2012

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm

LOVED it. +1 for LSAC

Nari Rina

Postby Nari Rina » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I took the February one, and it wasn't like this. It threw me off a fair bit! :(

While the extra space was nice (though a bit unnecessary, imo). I didn't like having to refer back to the previous page for the diagram.

suzige

Postby suzige » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

I didn't like it. I had too much space and got confused.

MeSoLitigious

Postby MeSoLitigious » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

I wish they had done it a billion years ago when I first started prepping. Back in the day I needed all that space. Now it just threw me off and felt odd, and I hated having to look back and forth between the pages.

unitball

Postby unitball » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 am

suzige wrote:I didn't like it. I had too much space and got confused.

This. I started the section with a "wtf is going on?" feeling, which lingered throughout the whole section >_<. I liked having the extra space, but it would have been nice if they would have given a little warning on the last page of the preceding section.

"Sup. You're about to enter the logic games section. Don't freak out, but we gave you little bit of extra space. Other than that, everything else is standard broski."
Last edited by unitball on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 am

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a video of just the first 5 sections of all our faces when we turned to LG?

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:56 am

my avatar's expression is coming in handy post lsat.

suzige

Postby suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 am

MeSoLitigious wrote:I wish they had done it a billion years ago when I first started prepping. Back in the day I needed all that space. Now it just threw me off and felt odd, and I hated having to look back and forth between the pages.

Much agreed. I've gotten so efficient with the little bit of space previously allotted.... my LG section this time looked like an explosion of scenarios.

sgt101st

Postby sgt101st » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 am

+1 for the extra space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeKMS62GrTI

^^ Literally what I thought of the instant I opened the section.

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 am

I was too much in the zone to think about it, but yeah there was an insane amount of space to work with. I loved it.

FlatFox

Postby FlatFox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:22 am

MeSoLitigious wrote:I wish they had done it a billion years ago when I first started prepping. Back in the day I needed all that space. Now it just threw me off and felt odd, and I hated having to look back and forth between the pages.

Yes. This. It totally scrambled my ability to re-use diagrams.

rabbitrun

Postby rabbitrun » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 am

+1

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 am

This was HORRIBLE for left handed people. I wrote my diagrams and rules on the first page and when I got to the second I had to keep lifting my damn arm to see what I wrote! This was a huge waste of time, prevented me from internalizing the rules, and it threw me off rythm I am pretty furious and I'm going to write LSAC about it.

suzige

Postby suzige » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 am

msquaredb wrote:This was HORRIBLE for left handed people. I wrote my diagrams and rules on the first page and when I got to the second I had to keep lifting my damn arm to see what I wrote! This was a huge waste of time, prevented me from internalizing the rules, and it threw me off rythm I am pretty furious and I'm going to write LSAC about it.

Didn't even think about that.... do it.

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 am

suzige wrote:
msquaredb wrote:This was HORRIBLE for left handed people. I wrote my diagrams and rules on the first page and when I got to the second I had to keep lifting my damn arm to see what I wrote! This was a huge waste of time, prevented me from internalizing the rules, and it threw me off rythm I am pretty furious and I'm going to write LSAC about it.

Didn't even think about that.... do it.

Is this an unreasonable comparison?

It may be helpful to imagine a similar scenario that would certainly put test takers at a disadvantage. Imagine that some test takers were forced to write their main diagram and rules but then place a piece of paper over it. They must remove the piece of paper only when necessary, replace it each time they must write something, and stop writing to remove the paper and see the rules. Writing and looking at the diagram and rules therefore cannot occur at the same time.

I feel like some version of the in addition will get across my point of how horrible it was.

princeR

Postby princeR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:15 am

Fucked me up good. For some reason I was compelled to hypothetical EVERYTHING knowing that I had room. This caused me to waste way too much time. Fuck LSAC.

sjwest

Postby sjwest » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

I hated the extra space, the visual disconnect from my diagram and the rules on the first page and the questions on the 2nd page completely threw me off and wasted so much extra time. I usually finish with a ton of extra time, but instead left 2 questions unfinished.

ned

Postby ned » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 am

I jumped into the first lg diagraming and then realized the questions were on the other page. I wound up transferring my info to the other page because the visual separation was throwing me off. That wasted enough time to make me have to rush more than usual on the rest of the games (and I had distracting assholes around me). LG is my worst section, so this layout change was enough to trip me up. I just hope MANY other test takers experienced the same difficulty. People who already breeze through LG won't have a problem though.

Wily

Postby Wily » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:21 am

I'm surprised it added more difficulty to your exams. I guess I haven't practiced many LG's (only done maybe 10 for this test) so I wasn't so habituated with the 1-page layout. I thought the extra space was helpful, since I'm messy at diagramming.

msquaredb

Postby msquaredb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:21 am

ned wrote:I jumped into the first lg diagraming and then realized the questions were on the other page. I wound up transferring my info to the other page because the visual separation was throwing me off. That wasted enough time to make me have to rush more than usual on the rest of the games (and I had distracting assholes around me). LG is my worst section, so this layout change was enough to trip me up. I just hope MANY other test takers experienced the same difficulty. People who already breeze through LG won't have a problem though.

I think that will be the case... I think it really destroyed so many people. Just the simple visual change is enough to throw you off if you aren't confident on LGs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”