LSAT Timing

DaRascal

LSAT Timing

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I cannot believe it!
I had never ever finished a single section in a PT with more than 3 minutes to spare and I had never had more than 1 minute and a half to spare when finishing a LG section and usually finished right around the 35:00 or at most a minute over if I allowed myself to cheat the PT like that.

Anyway, I go in there without a watch. I had LR-LR-RC-LR-LG

Finished LR 1 with about 7 minutes left, Finished LR 2 with about 5 minutes left, Finished LR 3 with about 5 minutes left, and finished LG with a little over 5 minutes left I'd guesstimate.

The only one I had timing "issues" with was RC which I finished with a good 50 seconds to spare I'd say.

Did anyone else have this experience where they worked a lot faster today and with more energy because of everything on the line?

gatesome

Re: LSAT Timing

Postby gatesome » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:01 pm

120-129

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Well people on here were scaring the shit out of me saying that test day nerves make you go slower and while I admit I did space out because of shell shock for the first two minutes of section 1, I had so much time left over that I got to go back and look over those answers and they all seemed right to me.

I am never taking the LSAT again! :roll:

Wily

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:05 pm

I also felt I moved faster too because it was the real thing.

But this is also my last retake, AND it "doesn't count" because I'm already in at some law schools I'd go to, so I felt less pressure than most going in.

phillykid

Postby phillykid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm

DaRascal wrote: Did anyone else have this experience where they worked a lot faster today and with more energy because of everything on the line?

Absolutely. At one point I had to pee so bad (about 5 q's into section 3) I notified the proctor and went. Probably took 2 min and I still finished the section with 2 min left over.

In my PT's left over time usually only happened in LG but today I had 2 min left over for RC, 2 min for LR1, 2-3 min left over for LG, and 3-4 min for LR2.

Makes me a little worried I was rushing and missed a bunch of questions. I guess we'll find out in 3 1/2 weeks. FML.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”