Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Got American Pie stuck in my head for some reason.

Anyone else done with the LSAT forever? As in, third retake was today?

I just celebrated by eating some Korean BBQ. Now I'm gonna get tipsy on a Monday night when I got work tomorrow :D

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Today was my third time taking the lsat. But my first was sept 09. So I think I could technically take it again. I'm not going to tho.

If I stop posting after June scores are released, it's because I got a 170 for the third time.

Now I know 170 is a fine score, better than 97% of test takers. But I have studied a LOT since I took the LSAT the first time, and i hope my score will show some type of improvement.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Today was my third time taking the lsat. But my first was sept 09. So I think I could technically take it again. I'm not going to tho.

If I stop posting after June scores are released, it's because I got a 170 for the third time.

Now I know 170 is a fine score, better than 97% of test takers. But I have studied a LOT since I took the LSAT the first time, and i hope my score will show some type of improvement.


You got two 170's? Damn, talk about consistency. I'm sure you'll do better though this time.

I'm looking to improve from a 165/168 in Oct/Dec. And to get somewhere closer to the 176 I got all the way back in Feb. 2006, when I was a spring chicken, haha.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Wily wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Today was my third time taking the lsat. But my first was sept 09. So I think I could technically take it again. I'm not going to tho.

If I stop posting after June scores are released, it's because I got a 170 for the third time.

Now I know 170 is a fine score, better than 97% of test takers. But I have studied a LOT since I took the LSAT the first time, and i hope my score will show some type of improvement.


You got two 170's? Damn, talk about consistency. I'm sure you'll do better though this time.

I'm looking to improve from a 165/168 in Oct/Dec. And to get somewhere closer to the 176 I got all the way back in Feb. 2006, when I was a spring chicken, haha.


Yeah, I am a bit worried that admissions people will be like "well, two 170s shows her real potential" even if I somehow got a 180 this time lol.

I got a bit lucky my first time, and really unlucky my second. I seriously debated canceling, but I'm a bad judge of how I did after a PT. if I seriously fucked up, I'd probably know, but a 165 vs 175?? I took a chance!

So are you still not sure if you are going to start this fall?

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Wily wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Today was my third time taking the lsat. But my first was sept 09. So I think I could technically take it again. I'm not going to tho.

If I stop posting after June scores are released, it's because I got a 170 for the third time.

Now I know 170 is a fine score, better than 97% of test takers. But I have studied a LOT since I took the LSAT the first time, and i hope my score will show some type of improvement.


You got two 170's? Damn, talk about consistency. I'm sure you'll do better though this time.

I'm looking to improve from a 165/168 in Oct/Dec. And to get somewhere closer to the 176 I got all the way back in Feb. 2006, when I was a spring chicken, haha.


Yeah, I am a bit worried that admissions people will be like "well, two 170s shows her real potential" even if I somehow got a 180 this time lol.

I got a bit lucky my first time, and really unlucky my second. I seriously debated canceling, but I'm a bad judge of how I did after a PT. if I seriously fucked up, I'd probably know, but a 165 vs 175?? I took a chance!

So are you still not sure if you are going to start this fall?


Nope, not sure if I'm going to start this fall. I'm in at GW with $25k/yr but I'm having second thoughts. I think the magic number for me will be 173 - if I get 174 or higher, I'll definitely sit out and reapply. I really hope GW doesn't make me put down a housing deposit before I get my June score back.

How about you - I assume you've applied and gotten into places too?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Wily wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
Wily wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Today was my third time taking the lsat. But my first was sept 09. So I think I could technically take it again. I'm not going to tho.

If I stop posting after June scores are released, it's because I got a 170 for the third time.

Now I know 170 is a fine score, better than 97% of test takers. But I have studied a LOT since I took the LSAT the first time, and i hope my score will show some type of improvement.


You got two 170's? Damn, talk about consistency. I'm sure you'll do better though this time.

I'm looking to improve from a 165/168 in Oct/Dec. And to get somewhere closer to the 176 I got all the way back in Feb. 2006, when I was a spring chicken, haha.


Yeah, I am a bit worried that admissions people will be like "well, two 170s shows her real potential" even if I somehow got a 180 this time lol.

I got a bit lucky my first time, and really unlucky my second. I seriously debated canceling, but I'm a bad judge of how I did after a PT. if I seriously fucked up, I'd probably know, but a 165 vs 175?? I took a chance!

So are you still not sure if you are going to start this fall?


Nope, not sure if I'm going to start this fall. I'm in at GW with $25k/yr but I'm having second thoughts. I think the magic number for me will be 173 - if I get 174 or higher, I'll definitely sit out and reapply. I really hope GW doesn't make me put down a housing deposit before I get my June score back.

How about you - I assume you've applied and gotten into places too?


I have not applied before. Just been thinking about it for awhile

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Why not? 170 is a respectable score, and paired with a respectable GPA it could get you into T14's.

My GPA was NOT respectable, so I need every damn point I can get on this LSAT, lol.

BTW, did you think this one was easier overall than other ones? Felt that way to me. Maybe it was because I wasn't nervous this time, since it sorta "doesn't count," but I felt this was easier than the first two I took.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Wily wrote:Why not? 170 is a respectable score, and paired with a respectable GPA it could get you into T14's.

My GPA was NOT respectable, so I need every damn point I can get on this LSAT, lol.

BTW, did you think this one was easier overall than other ones? Felt that way to me. Maybe it was because I wasn't nervous this time, since it sorta "doesn't count," but I felt this was easier than the first two I took.


My GPA is not respectable either

I took sept 09 and oct 10

09, I didn't know shit, so I had no idea. I definitely feel better about this than oct 10 tho. The test felt equal to pt 64, easier than pt 65

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Cool, those were the PT's for Oct and Dec 2011 right?

I didn't study much for this test compared to the people here, so part of me feels like I don't deserve a high score. But we'll see.

ANYWAY, for now I'm on my third Blue Moon. You?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Wily wrote:Cool, those were the PT's for Oct and Dec 2011 right?

I didn't study much for this test compared to the people here, so part of me feels like I don't deserve a high score. But we'll see.

ANYWAY, for now I'm on my third Blue Moon. You?


I had 2 shiners and then went down to the hotel bar and I'm on my second STRONG cocktail

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Wily wrote:Cool, those were the PT's for Oct and Dec 2011 right?

I didn't study much for this test compared to the people here, so part of me feels like I don't deserve a high score. But we'll see.

ANYWAY, for now I'm on my third Blue Moon. You?


I had 2 shiners and then went down to the hotel bar and I'm on my second STRONG cocktail


Any cute girls (or guys) there?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Wily wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
Wily wrote:Cool, those were the PT's for Oct and Dec 2011 right?

I didn't study much for this test compared to the people here, so part of me feels like I don't deserve a high score. But we'll see.

ANYWAY, for now I'm on my third Blue Moon. You?


I had 2 shiners and then went down to the hotel bar and I'm on my second STRONG cocktail


Any cute girls (or guys) there?


No, sadly. The bartender is awesome tho

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Shifty you have two 170's?
Where you trying to go?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Br3v wrote:Shifty you have two 170's?
Where you trying to go?

Yes. T14 + UT/vandy/USC

See my profile for GPA

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Br3v wrote:Shifty you have two 170's?
Where you trying to go?

Yes. T14 + UT/vandy/USC

See my profile for GPA


That's not un-respectable at all.

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Mr.Binks » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep. Third retake today. And I lost my shit on the last game. I'm so disappointed... Drugs and booze are in my immediate future.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Bye, Bye, Ms. American LSAT

Postby Wily » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Yep. Third retake today. And I lost my shit on the last game. I'm so disappointed... Drugs and booze are in my immediate future.


You probably still scored better than you think. Celebrate anyway, for better or for worse, we're done with the LSAT forever!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alora, CMac86 and 5 guests