Prep Tests: Where to begin?

sweetfrenchtoast

Prep Tests: Where to begin?

Postby sweetfrenchtoast » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

First time poster, ya'll (but long time lurker)! Try not to be too hard on me...or bring it.

I'm planning on taking the October exam and am trying to figure out the Prep Tests. I've been prepping for a while now with a few random PTs and the bibles. According to my most recent score (PT 7), I totally should have just taken the test today.

From my research, it seems that over the years:
RC increased in difficulty tremendously
LG decreased in difficulty
LR increased in difficulty, but became more predictable

Would you advise someone to begin their prep from the MOST RECENT exams and work backwards (figuring I'll probably take at least 20 PTs and work on individual questions/bibles in the meantime)? Or, would you say it doesn't really matter?

The answer might be obvious but I thought I'd open myself up to TLS fire. Plus, I already bought out the bookstore (total of 2 books, woohoo) and am trying to save some money (i.e. potentially NOT have to go out and find other books).

Ciao for now!

P.S. CONGRATS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO TOOK THE EXAM TODAY.

shifty_eyed

Re: Prep Tests: Where to begin?

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

sweetfrenchtoast wrote:First time poster, ya'll (but long time lurker)! Try not to be too hard on me...or bring it.

I'm planning on taking the October exam and am trying to figure out the Prep Tests. I've been prepping for a while now with a few random PTs and the bibles. According to my most recent score (PT 7), I totally should have just taken the test today.

From my research, it seems that over the years:
RC increased in difficulty tremendously
LG decreased in difficulty
LR increased in difficulty, but became more predictable

Would you advise someone to begin their prep from the MOST RECENT exams and work backwards (figuring I'll probably take at least 20 PTs and work on individual questions/bibles in the meantime)? Or, would you say it doesn't really matter?

The answer might be obvious but I thought I'd open myself up to TLS fire. Plus, I already bought out the bookstore (total of 2 books, woohoo) and am trying to save some money (i.e. potentially NOT have to go out and find other books).

Ciao for now!

P.S. CONGRATS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO TOOK THE EXAM TODAY.

I would buy Cambridge bundles of questions from PTs 20-40s, and then start at PT 41 to take as full length tests. Throw in sections from the <20s as experimentals. That way you won't find yourself taking PTs with questions you've already drilled on.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”